Chapter 81: Guardianship

Nina gasped looking happily at the document as she pulled it out of the package completely. Looking up at her friends, she began crying tears of joy as she went up and hugged them tightly.

She smiled laughing to herself in excitement handing back the guardianship documents back to Lain and Mallix.

Taking a seat on the couch the couple finally began to explain what went down. "After we presented all our evidence against the Michaels the judge gave them a look, and the expressions on their faces when they knew they weren't going to win was priceless." Mallix mocked Kyle's face. Everyone laughed.

"Then the second we played him your recording of them, he made the decision right then and there. At first he was just going to put a restraining order on them from Kaila, but Alex was the one who thought about requesting this document. So after he brought it up the judge found it fitting that her parents weren't suitable to be in such a position." She explained.

"He signed the documents before he gave us the paperwork and not surprisingly her parents even signed it for us too. All that's left is Kaila's signature and we officially become her guardians." Lain squealed in excitement.

"I'm so happy for you guys!" Nina join in squealing. "I cannot wait for Kaila to wake up from her nap already so we can tell her."

"Yeah that's going to be aweso...wait, she hasn't woken up yet?" Lain asked. She figured her little girl would be awake by now.

Nina shook her head, the trio began to walk towards the stairs when they heard a pattern of feet running around.

They opened the baby gate seeing Kaila hiding around the corner practically jumping into their arms screaming with glee.

She hugged tightly onto both Lain and Mallix bouncing in place. "I knew you weren't sleeping that long." Lain bopped her nose.

Meanwhile Mallix had a more serious comment, "how did you get out of your crib?"

She looked around sporadically thinking of something to say, "uh the fairies!" She smiled.

He rolled his eyes playfully lifting her up onto his lap and sat back down on the couch. "Fairies! Well I'm pretty sure you climbed out on your own didn't you?" He smiled hoping it would encourage her to tell the truth.

She blushed and nodded hiding her face behind her hands. Everyone laughed at her before turning back to the main topic at hand.

"Is this something you want Kaila? Do you want us to be your guardians?" Lain's asked sweetly bringing the papers out in front of her.

"Yes! A thousand times yes!" She cheered clapping her hands as Lain passed her a pen. She looked and saw the dotted line waiting for her name. Scribbling down something legible as her name and passed back the paper with the biggest grim anyone could have.

Once the document was fully completed everyone stood dancing away in celebration of their new victory. Their long vendetta with the Michaels finally coming to a close, and they could not be happier.

"I say we celebrate, tonight let's go and have dinner at Amor Love. My treat." Nina suggested to which everyone cheered in response.

Seeing as dinner was still a few hours away they didn't want to sit and wait for then doing nothing. On the spot Mallix organized a small outing for the four of them. There was no point in making it the three of them anymore, Nina had worked her way into this small family.

He instructed everyone to throw on some comfortable clothes which was mainly directed towards him and Lain. They needed to get out of their business attire.

After a quick change of clothes they all made their way over to an indoor trampoline park. The excitement in Kaila's eyes were indescribable. She was jumping before she even saw a single trampoline.

Once inside she could see hundreds of different trampolines all lined up one after another. After paying the admission price they sat through a quick fifteen minutes of rules and regulations, most of which Kaila blocked out. All she could see was the different activities they had to do.

Putting on safety socks first, they all finally stepped foot on their first trampoline. Everyone was jumping in excitement, especially Kaila when she managed to jump so high she nearly doubled Lain and Mallix's standing height.

Moving from activity to activity they hit everything the park had to offer. They were so deep into a game of dodgeball they almost missed the announcement that their group of jumpers time was up.

They sadly headed out of the park. As they piled back into the car Kaila's stomach growled at her. "Someone's got an appetite from all that bouncing. It's a good thing we're about to go and grab some dinner precious." He said pulling out of the lot.

The ride was short yet blissful as they arrived at Amor Love. Ignoring the odd stares they got upon entering in sports wear, unlike the restaurants typical business casual fashion sense.

Getting seated in a booth in the back away from the rest of the guest, everyone had gladly ordered their meals getting famished by the minute as the savory smell of the food around them filled their noses.

Finally their courses were served in silver trays satisfying their long awaited taste buds. After finishing a nice dessert Nina handed her card to the waitress before they all took their to go boxes.

As they were piling back into the car Nina's phone sudden began going off. She excused herself moving to stand outside near the restaurant doors as she talked on the phone for what seemed like ten minutes.

Lain and Mallix paid her no attention at first, but after the five minute mark they peaked over seeing her a giggling mess twirling the tips of her hair.

They shared a look of mischief and smiled wickedly before Nina finally hung up and hopped into the car with them. "What?" She asked seeing her friends eyes on her.

"Aunty blushin!" Kaila teases pointing at Nina's face, reaching over the middle compartment Nina looked into the rear view mirror seeing her face was indeed a nice shade of red.

"Thank you for that Kaila, I don't think Aunty here could feel how hard she was crushing on whoever was on the other side of that call." Lain laughed mocking Nina.

The tall beauty in the back with Kaila looked at Lain with sour eyes, "I was not crushing on him. He was just telling me about something very funny."

Even Kaila bursted our laughing being able to pick her obvious lie out. "Sure you weren't N," Mallix had to stop and breathe between chuckles, "just next time don't start drooling in public."

She sat back feeling attacked before putting her hand up at them, "leave me alone." She playfully and annoyingly rolled her eyes looking out the window. The entire rest of the ride home, everyone had been teasing Nina over the call.
———————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off