Chapter 24: Crazy Thoughts

Moving over to sit next to the small girl on the couch, Lain sat next to her on one side and Mallix on the other. "...and then we started playing with the cards, and she was like pow! But then I was like bam! And then finally I was like UNO! And I won!"

Both of them laughed having just noticed the light grumbling in her stomach, "how about some nuggets baby?"

She paused thinking for a second before looking over at her new bear, "what do you think Mr. Tuffy?"

Mallix raised his eyebrow, "Mr. Tuffy?"

The only reply she got was a happy nod and confirmation for the nugget offer. "Nuggets coming up, why don't you go show Mr. Tuffy your room cutie?" Lain nudged her before grabbing Mallix's hand.

"Ok!" She yelled excited as she ran up to the baby gate noticing that they had been left open. Her eyes twinkled with excitement as she took off running up the stairs.

"No running baby!" Mallix shouted from his place next to Lain and her steps up became quieter. He turned his attention over to his wife seeing the happiest face he'd ever seen.

"She's the cutest!" She squealed squeezing his hand tightly in her own. "I never want to let anything hurt her, she's so innocent!"

Mallix laughed getting close to his wife embracing her into a hug. "Nothing will babe, they'd have to get through me first." She looked up kissing him lovingly on the lips.

"Now I don't want our happy girl to get hungrier than she is now, let's get some nuggets and fries on the stove."

Upstairs Kaila had taken a seat in her play room next to her nursery showing off what cards she used to beat Lain. "See Mr. Tuffy, I did this...and then that... and then wa-pow!! I beat mommy!" Her excitement betrayed her, as her eyes widened and she shrunk down into herself.

"Did I just call Lain mommy? I-I can't do that Mr. Tuffy, she...she...I don't want her to think I'm clingy. Or...or what if she think it's weird?! What? I know she said she'd want that too Mr. Tuffy but what if she thinks it's too soon. Or, or if she doesn't want me."

The small girl laid down on her tummy continuing to talk to her new best friend. The sweet smell of roses were evident when she couldn't help but feel herself get more calm the more she breathed it in.

From this point on Kaila and Mr. Tuffy had an unbreakable bond, nothing was going to draw the two of them apart.

After returning to more fun matters the small girl began playing a board game along side Mr. Tuffy. While she read the pieces and rolled the dice, her new sidekick that sat besides her, would be there for moral support.

"Just one more good roll Mr. Tuffy and we win!" Kaila grabbed the two die and began shaking them up. "Please please please" she released it watching as they danced around the board until finally landing on her desired number.

She squealed in excitement getting up and jumping around the room with Mr. Tuffy.

She hadn't even noticed Lain standing in the doorway. When she did she stopped in her tracks as she remembered earlier events. Her face got cold.

"Hey what's wrong cutie? Did I scare you?" She looked concerned at the small girl in front of her.

Not wanting to confess anything up yet she nodded leaving it at that. "Did you win?" Lain's asked smirkingly looking over at her finished board game.

"Yeah!" She returned to her happy state smiling brightly. 'I swear that smile is never going to get old.' Lain thought. "Good for you baby! Now how about you and me go celebrate with Mallix and some nuggets and fries!"

"What about Mr. Tuffy?" She held him closer to her chest not wanting to part with him.

"No baby, Mr. Tuffy can stay here. You wouldn't want him getting dirty now would you?"

Looking over to her bear and seeing how pretty and fluffy his fur was, and the sweet scent. She didn't want to get it dirty, so she set him down in her nursery. Down in the center of her crib she left him tucked under her sheets, before pressing a kiss on his nose and waving goodbye.

Internally Lain was gushing with excitement, she held her hand out to Kaila and once she took it, Lain took the opportunity to swift her up off her feet and onto her hip.

"Nugget time!" Kaila exclaimed eager as another thundering storm left her body. Lain chuckled before kissing the nose of her little girl, "yes baby, it's nugget time."

Once they made their way downstairs Mallix had just finished playing a plate of freshly backed chicken nuggets. They sat her down in he high chair before closing the table top on her.

"Eat up cutie" Lain kissed the top of her head, causing the small girl to blush. Mainly from early, the thought still lingered in the front of her mind.

'I...I should tell her. B-but what about Mallix? Is he going to be upset with me because I'm not ready to call him daddy yet? H-he wouldn't be? Right? Lain wouldn't be mad at me for only calling her mommy and not Mallix I think. Why does everything have to be so complicated. I don't want to upset anyone...' she contemplated hard over her nuggets.

"Everything alright over there precious?" Mallix asked, mouth full of chicken.

She panicked, but only for a brief second before she was able to collect herself and push forwards with her meal. This was not the time to discuss something like this in Kaila's mind. So pushing onward she kept it inside waiting for the perfect time to say something.

By the time lunch was done the small trio made their way upstairs and played games the rest of the day, after Kaila retrieved her small buddy. Everyday they grew closer and closer and their bond only became stronger. It was only a matter of time before something happened...
——————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off