Chapter 32: Mob Madness

After Kaila was down for a nap, Lain and Mallix quickly packed their belongings into the bag before getting ready to leave. They didn't even care if they didn't see James on their way out, all they cared about was getting as far away from the station as possible.

They peaked their heads out of their dressing room making sure the coast was clear. Seeing as management, producers, and other artists were coming through nonstop they were surprised to find it completely empty.

"Let's go" Mallix opened the door wide allowing Lain, who was carrying the small girl, out. Together they made sure to stay out of sight of as many people as they possible could.

If there was a dark corner of the room, they went through it. If there was a wall diving people, they hid behind it. Every chance they got the couple took it. There was no way they were going to risk anyone coming to split their small family apart.

After what seemed like an eternity of their little game, the family finally made it to their car. Lain buckled Kaila into her seat throwing her blanket over her and snuck a pacifier into her mouth.

She quickly gave Kaila a kiss on the cheek before hoping in the car with Mallix as they began their long drive home.

The second they pulled out of the private lot, hundreds of fans began to swarm their car and began trying to look pass the window tint.

Security tried to back everyone up, but they were quickly outnumbered. They were surrounding their side windows fast and Lain quickly jumped into the back with Kaila using the blanket to shield them from any lurking eyes.

"Babe, is there anyway you can, you know get out of here." Lain begged, the pressure of everyone around them seemed overwhelming.

"I'm trying Lain, I can't touch the pedal. We're rolling but that's it." He tried to remain calm with his voice, but inside he was a panicking mess.

Right now all he wanted was to get away from the mob trying to invade his privacy. But besides the crowd obstructing his path, what really ticked Mallix's blood was how all the loud noise and screams of the fans began to startle awake his baby girl.

He understood they were excited, but this was beyond a normal fan interaction. People were pounding on the car, tapping the windows, and screaming high at the top of their lungs.

Kaila began crying, dropping the pacifier as all the loud noise and banging were frightening to wake up to.

Noise filled the car. It was hard to even think straight. Outside was a mess, inside was a panicked frenzy, and everyone was losing their minds.

But among the chaos and the commotion, the couple froze as their baby girl whined out to them. "M-mommy! D-daddy!" She was tired, in a haze, and unaware of what was fully going on.

But that didn't matter to the couple. To them all their worried and nerves seemed to vanish as those two words stole their hearts and sealed their fates with this small girl. They were going to love her and protect her for as long as either of them lived.

Breaking out of her happy and startled look, Lain looked over to the passengers seat seeing Mr. Tuffy sitting there. She grabbed him before turning back to Kaila.

"Here cutie, look it's Mr. Tuffy." She handed the soft bear over letting her baby find some comfort in the object as she buried her head into the fur, "Mommy's right here baby, don't be scared." While Lain didn't want to push her boundaries by calling herself that, she knew Kaila could use some comfort right now. Even if she didn't understand yet that she said it to them.

Meanwhile upfront Mallix was sat jealous of his wife who got to be back there with Kaila. Almost as if a miracle, the backup that security called for came running towards them.

Soon they had a clear enough space to at least put some distance between them and the main mob. As the fans became less and less frequent Mallix was able to resume to a normal speed and had a straight shot home.

The ride was loud for the first hour. Lain was still in the back trying to help Kaila calm down from the mob that frightened her awake.

Finally after another bottle and some puff snacks Lain packed in the bag, their baby girl was now settled again. Only showing her battle wounds of deep red tear streaks going down her cheeks.

To help give her more comfort, after her snack and bottle, Lain replaced the pacifier back into her mouth. For a while they rode in silence, everything was peaceful again and the only thing that echoed throughout the car were the radio tunes.

But the couples mind were far from peaceful. Each of them thinking extensively on how the words that came out of Kaila's mouth made them feel.

To Lain her heart stopped for a brief moment, she heard nothing but that one word, mommy, over and over in her head. She was surprised to hear Kaila say it. A tear fell from her eye from how joyous she felt, this was the moment in the relationship she was looking forwards to the most. Now that it was here, she couldn't believe it.

For Mallix, he heard his name one time only, daddy, but it stuck. The word never moved nor left. It sat in his brain letting the moment truly sink in. He was beyond shocked, and he had tingles run all along his body. Nothing seemed important to him other than to take care of his family, he no longer was just here to help Kaila. He was here to make sure no harm, pain, or sorrow came her way.

And as they thought about their own reaction, one thing was shared between them. Something both of them were anxiously nervous about asking and scared of finding the answer to. But they needed to know.

They were dying to find out if Kaila truly meant to say that, or was it simply a spur of the moment event. They both hoped it would be her choice and that she wanted to call them that. But a small side of them were fearful that it was merely a slip-up and that this would cost them the progress they so desperately waited patiently for.
———————————————————————————
Let me know what you if you think Kaila meant to say it or not. Thanks Lexx signing off