Chapter 31: Rollercoaster Day

"Hello, I'm Rodney Turner and welcome back to Limix. I'm joined by this weeks co-hosts Lain and Mallix Colden." He pauses letting the audience cheer once again as the duo smile and wave to the cameras on set.

As soon as the audiences cheers calmed, the couple looked at Rodney with serious glances. They could see it was making him slightly nervous, but what they didn't like was that he wasn't going to let them stop him.

"So in our last segment, you two were seen with another person. A child perhaps, you've already explained you'd like to keep the details personal and between yourselves, but would you mind explaining the process behind wanting to do this?"

Mallix had to bite his tongue to hold in the anger and mouth load Rodney would've gotten right there and then. He clenched his fist to the point where his knuckles were turning white and his face was darkening.

Lain was quick to realize this and not wanting to cause a bigger scene than there already was for them she stepped up and answered the question.

"Well Mallix and I, after many years of thinking have wanted to start a family of our own. But we're in love with the situation, and wouldn't change it for that world. That's, uh, yeah, that's all there is to it."

Her hands became sweaty and she was finding the lights from the overhead being too much. Both Mallix and her shared a look that they needed to get his idea done and over with now before he started treading in deep waters.

"So after having a chance to think about it and all what's been the harde-" Rodney began to ask the next invasion question when Mallix interrupted him.

"Actually Rodney, Lain and I were talking over the break and we've actually decided that right now is still a little too soon for us on the matter at hand if you don't mind." He had to gather all the strength in his body not to rage out on him.

As if a change of heart, finally Rodney was ready not to push his luck anymore as he resumed to more typical questions they would get asked during an interview.

Mallix and Lain both shared a sigh as relief, they were both just happy that wasn't as hard as they had anticipated. But from the corner of her eye Lain could see a small frown on her husbands face.

She chuckled to herself knowing exactly what was wrong and couldn't wait until this segment ended to talk to him about it.

Seconds turned to minutes, and minutes to hours. Before the couple knew it Rodney was wrapping up the interview and the couple were soon free to leave.

After waving goodbye to the cameras and the audience the show ended and Lain immediately rushed over to her still frowning husband.

She wrapped her arms around his neck from behind resting her head on his shoulder. She chuckled to herself again, "don't be so sad babe."

"But I didn't even get to tell Rodney off in front of everyone and call cut to the producers," he sadly hung his head low.

"I know babe, but let's just be happy it didn't get to that point where that would've been necessary. Right now let's just focus on finding the producers and telling them to erase that photo of us and mention of Kaila for the post production team. Only the people who watched live will have seen." She removed her arms and grabbed his hand instead.

"Fine, it means I get to yell at someone." Mallix lifted his head up high, and Lain rolled her eyes at him.

"Babe your inner doms coming out a little too strong right now, dial down. Let's just ask them nicely and hope they do it." She began guiding him towards the production team behind the set.

"And if they say no to do it?" He asked with pleading eyes.

Lain laughed to herself, "then you can go off on them." She was cracking up as he rocked his arm back in a triumphant motion.

After some looking around the duo had found them. They were all talking incoherent nonsense about how the cameras, lightings, and sounds needed to be adjusted and everything that needed tweaking.

When the couple walked into their small crowd suddenly all eyes and ears were on them.  "Um, hi, so we were hoping if there's a way that part of the show where Rodney shows the picture of us on screen and mentions about our more 'personal lives' could be taken out of the podcast with the post production crew." Lain asked soft and gently.

They all look at each other for some type of response when one of them nods their head.

"Perfect thank you." Lain thanks them before making their way to their dressing room. As their backs turned Mallix's head hung low once again causing Lain to giggle and press a kiss onto his cheek.

From down the hall they could feel the hairs on their arms standing, something wasn't right. They quickly picked up their pace and ushered there way into their room.

The second they opened their door there hearts were stung by the sight. Kaila was giving the most heart wrenching cries as she held Mr. Tuffy up to her face covering herself. They couldn't understand her but she was mumbling something into his chest.

They locked the door behind them and went over to try and comfort the girl, but her eyes were sealed shut and she was crying loud enough not to hear anything around her.

"...they...want...me" they were able to understand among other mumbles that were inaudible.

They gently sat besides the small girl who immediately jumped from her seat and into their embraces. She wrapped her arms around them, and finally they could see it. Hidden behind Mr. Tuffy was a bright smile.

They relaxed understanding these were happy tears. They couple wrapped their arms around their little girl allowing her to be shown their love for her.

"What's with these tears precious?" Mallix asked concerned.

She didn't respond from how backed up her voice was from the tears but pointed to the monitor instead.

His mouth formed an O shape as they caught on that she was paying attention to the interview. "T-thank you" she muttered into their shoulders.

"For what baby?"

"For wanting me like you do" Kaila's voice was trembling. The new sensation of being loved unconditionally was new to her, after all her parents were eager to get her out of the house as fast as they could.

"Of course sweetie, your the only thing we've ever wanted in life. And now that we have you here with us, we're not ever letter you go." Lain began running her nails against Kaila's scalp helping to calm the small girl down.

"That's it, babe can you grab me the bag please." Lain's asked pulling Kaila onto her lap cradling her.

He nodded and grabbed the requested item, Lain dug her hand into the bag pulling out another bottle.

She shook it up before holding it in front of Kaila's mouth. At this point Kaila was happily ready to accept the warm tasty milk from the bottle and greedily started sucking it down.

From her crying fiesta and now the milk, their baby's eyes began to slowly fall again. "Sweet dreams baby, we love you." Lain made sure she knew as she kissed the top of her head.

"Lo'e you..." she lisped around the bottle as her eyes got heavier and heavier.

Instantly the couples hands interlocked and they have each other a passionate kiss on the lips. Today was going to end on a high note, they just felt it.
———————————————————————————
A/N: Forgive me, I'm still getting over being sick so this wasn't the best chapter but I hope you still enjoyed it.

Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off