Chapter 34: The Talk

Within the span of a few minutes the small girl was in the house, she had ran to the living room throwing herself onto the couch. Mr. Tuffy tucked under her arm, as she continued to talk to him.

As the duo walked in seeing her, it worried her to hear Mallix sigh. Now that they were at home, their ability to cover up their true emotions vanished. They couldn't hide how stressed this conversation had made them. It was written plain as day across both of their faces.

Their baby nervously tensed up thinking she had done something wrong and was going to be in trouble. The closer they got to her the faster she was replaying every event of the day in her head. She was anxious knowing she hadn't done anything bad, but was curious as to why they seemed so serious.

Mallix on one end, and Lain on the other made Kaila feel somewhat better. She had grown to like this position. Having them next to her made her feel safe and warm. Unconsciously she cuddled her head into Lain's shoulder allowing Mallix to scoot in even closer.

The couple took one last look at each other, their eyes did all the talking for them. They were ready to get the answer they have been dying for. "Hey baby, I need to ask you a very important question." Lain looked down at the girl on her shoulder.

She nodded in response, "what do you remember after waking up when we were leaving the station today?" Lain decided to take a subtle approach.

Kaila curiously lifted her head up off Lain's shoulder looking at them wide wide doe eyes. She curiously scratched her chin trying to think, 'I remember waking up and noise, really loud noise. I was panicking when I saw people trying to look in, and people yelling at me. No wait. That was me, I was yelling to myself.'

"I remember there being a lot of noise and people" the small girl said slowly trying to feel where this conversation was heading.

"Anything else?" Mallix chimed in wrapping an arm behind her and around her waist. She shook her head no as she ran through the events again, only getting light on the same uninteresting events as before.

"Well precious, earlier in the car..." he paused looking to his wife for a go. She took a breathe nodding his way, "...during all the commotion. You called us names baby."

"Names? What kind of names?" Kaila tilted her head like a lost puppy.

"Daddy," Mallix pointed at himself.

"And mommy," Lain said repeating the same action to herself.

"I-I did! I-I didn't want to! I mean not that I didn't want to, cause I've thought about it before, but I didn't mean to say it now. I-I didn't know if you guys were ready for that. Well I know Lain was ready for it, she always was I remember. But I didn't want it to seem too soon and you guys be angry at me!" The worried girl blurred out all in one large breathe.

With the pace of her speaking and slurring of words as she began running out of air, the couple were able to make out only most of the pieces she was saying. Others got lost. But that didn't stop them from wrapping their arms around her, closing them in on a hug.

"Don't worry so much about it cutie. We're both very glad that you called us that." Lain kissed the top of her head.

"You are?" She wiped the few stray tears that managed to escape.

"Yes we are, and if your ready for it precious. We'd like you to call us that from now on. It would make us both very happy." Mallix shown down a bright ray from his smile.

After only a few seconds of silence, Kaila already made up her mind. 'They've been nothing but kind and open to me. Plus it's been good living here with them, I've never been so unstressed, who knew this was a feeling! I can commit to this. I want to.'

Looking up at them Kaila's eyes seemed to twinkle as she spoke, "I am ready."

"Are you sure cutie?" Lain asked overwhelmed with joy she could barely contain herself. And as soon as the small girl nodded Lain couldn't hold back anymore. She squeezed Kaila tightly giving her the biggest bear hug.

"What about me? I want some love too." Mallix half heartedly said before going in to join the others.

Kaila would've laughed had she had more air than the occasion gasps she got through Lain's hold. Tapping aggressively on her arm, Lain retreated. "I'm sorry cutie, I'm just very happy right now. I say we get take out and have a movie marathon all night to celebrate."

Kaila victoriously cheered and clapped her hands while Mallix sat back and kicked his feet up on the coffee table, "fine by me. I get a day off cooking for the two of you." He chuckled to himself. "What are we having?"

"Pizza?" Lain asked pulling out her phone already dialing the number before the other two couple reply.

She placed the order and as they waited the entire family went their separate ways to the bathrooms washing up for the night. Lain and Kaila went in one, while Mallix got his own. The girls managed to finish and get back downstairs just in time for the doorbell to ring.

An eager and hungry Kaila began running to the door. But soon her little feet were lifted up off the floor and she was placed up onto someone's hip. She looked up angrily at whoever was holding her.

Looking up she had seen that Lain had been the one to sweep her off her feet. "Hey now, don't go looking at me like that cutie, mommy's just keeping you safe. Someone dangerous could be at the door." Kaila blushed hearing Lain call herself mommy, but she liked it a lot.

"B-but what if it's the pizza!" She whined looking over to the still unanswered door.

"Well then I will get the door and let's see if it is." Mallix walked downstairs finally meeting up with them. He opened the door and as Kaila predicted the food was here.

"See it was the pizza! I wanted to get it!" She tugged on Lain's shirt annoyingly.

"Uh huh, and if it wasn't the pizza man." She raised her eyebrow pausing to let Kaila think of the rest of that scenario, "it's safer you not answer the door." Her baby pouted as she placed her down on the couch, she curled up her knees to her chest and sunk into the soft material.

So while Mallix went to fetch the food, Lain set up Kaila's choice of Aladdin to watch. Dinner was a success. All the food was gone, movies were being watched, and everyone was happy.

Tonight did end on a high note as the couple thought it would. After what seemed like their fifth movie, Kaila was out for the night and both Lain and Mallix felt the same way.

They closed and cleaned up downstairs before Mallix carried Kaila up the stairs with Lain to the nursery. He placed her down in the crib as Lain tended to the mobile.

They kissed her on the head before heading down the hall. Once in their bed, the happy couple snuggled closely to one another letting their sleepy bodies collide into each other.
——————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off