Chapter 100: Under One Moon

Finally after a long drive Alex arrived at Zander's home greeting the small group of worried friends. "Hey Alex, it's good to see you after so long. Please tell me your bringing some good news," Zander pleaded welcoming him inside.

"It's good seeing you too Z. How's he doing?" Alex stepped in placing his briefcase full of work down on Zander's table.

"As expected. He's taking a rough turn. Nina's in the room with him trying to get him to eat something. I gave him soup last night but he didn't take much."

"I can't imagine having to go through that," Alex shook his head sitting down while Zander went to grab him a glass of water. When he returned both men could hear Nina slowly making her way down the hallway into the dining room.

"Hey Nina." Alex politely said before giving Nina a side glance at the crutches.

"We got jumped, let's leave it at that." She carefully limped over to the table taking a set of her own, setting the crutches besides her leaning against the table.

Alex nodded giving her space, meanwhile Zander took a seat besides Alex. "Has he eaten anymore?"

Without a word Nina shook her head looking down defeatedly. "He's not doing himself any good. He needs his strength if we're going to do something about getting Lain and Kaila back." Zander frustratedly sighed running his hand through his hair.

"Let me talk to him, I may be able to shine some light on the situation." Alex stood from the table, opening his briefcase, and pulling out a notebook from within it.

"I hope you have some good news in that book of yours." Nina's eyes lit up with hope.

"I may have took it a step further and thought of a way we can go get them back." Almost as if a ray of light shined down on him, Zander and Nina stood and led Alex into the room Mallix was in.

Nervously knocking on the door, Alex pushed the door open seeing it as dark as night in his room. Furniture was thrown around the place, the room was a wreck with how much damage it held. "Mallix?" Alex stepped in turning on the light switch to the room, but to no avail. The bulbs in the light overhead had been broken to shattered pieces of glass on the floor below.

He looked back seeing Zander shake his head at him throwing his hand up at the mess. He understood Mallix was going through hell and back, so having a messed up room would be one of the easier things he could fix. Alex turned his attention back into the darkened room, behind all the thrown around furniture, he could make out a figure laying lifelessly on the bed across the room.

He walked over grabbing Mallix by the shoulder and helping him sit up. His strong essence was nearly completely dissipated as he slouched in his spot dropping his head to the ground. Lowering himself close to Mallix's ear, Alex whispered him something. Neither Nina nor Zander could hear him, but by the sudden bolt of energy jolting through Mallix's body, they knew it inspired him. The color in his skin was returning as he rushed up and out of the room over to the kitchen, breezing past Nina and Zander in the doorway.

Alex walked out of the room smiling at their lost faces. He signaled for the to follow him to the kitchen where Mallix was sitting at the table scribbling notes down on a piece of paper from Alex's briefcase.

Everyone grouped around the focused mess of a man, taking their own seats at the wooden table in the middle of the room overlooking the shimmering lake outside the large patio window. "Here." Mallix stated groggily slamming down his piece of paper in the middle of the table.

Leaning over at the sheet, Zander looked confused at the different names and lines drawn all over the paper. "What's this?"

"Everyone who knows the girls and their connection to them, we're going to use this to figure out who fed the Fendly's your information. From there-"