Chapter 59: Amusement Park

Crossing a large bridge in the back of the castle, soon the loud sounds of people talking disappeared and the much louder sound of engines and machinery took there place.

By the end of the tunnel the small family had found themselves face to face with an amusement park. Lain and Mallix laughed so hard seeing Kaila's jaw practically drop to the floor in awe.

"Can we go ride?!" She was jumping pulling on their arms trying to lead them into the park.

"Not right now Kaila, lets go find somewhere to get some lunch and then we can go ride things afterwards." Mallix pulled her closer to them and grabbed a map of the park by the entrance.

"But t'at be foreverrr!" She whined digging her feet into the ground.

"If you want we can go back to the room and stay there the entire trip, or we can go get lunch first and then go on some rides after." Quickly Kaila loosened up and followed them.

After getting a light lunch from a small cafe Kaila was more eager than ever to start getting on the rides. Especially all the big roller coasters.

"That one!" She pointed to the very tall metal structure she led them to using the map.

"That is too big, why don't we go try something that won't be so scary." Lain suggested taking the map back and beginning to search for an easier ride.

"No I wanna ride this one!" Kaila pointed at it again watching fondly as the car was just getting ready to go down the big drop.

"You'll get scared precious, mommy's right. There's other rides we could go on, some that won't frighten you too much." Mallix joined in looking for a place on the map.

"But there's no line for this one!" Kaila argued before seeing they weren't even looking over at her. Lain and Mallix were too drawn into the map to find a new ride that they hadn't even noticed the evil smile on Kaila's face.

'What they don't know won't hurt them' and in a matter of seconds she was gone. She ran to the empty cue and all the way to the front of the ride.

Kaila couldn't stop watching the previous carts, as one dropped loud screams followed and everyone returned with big smiles on their face. Finally her turn came as the previous riders stepped off and the metal gate opened.

She sat down and strapped herself in eagerly looking at the track ahead of her as the attendants checked her restraints.

Slowly the ride began to move and immediately she had the biggest smile plastered on her face. She threw her hands in the air waiting as the ride began to climb a very sleep incline.

After another minute of still going up she chuckled nervously as the sky got closer to her, she peered down and saw just how far off the ground she was and her heart sunk. 'I should've listen-' before she could even finish that thought the cart began to fall back to the earth at lightning speed.

She couldn't open her eyes, instead she sealed them shut hanging on for dear life on the bars and cried her heart out through the rest of the dangerous loops and turns.

It was only another few minutes before she was back at the loading dock. She got a few stares but she brushed them off. As the restraints lifted, she bolted out of the ride.

But her stomach was unsettled. From the food, to her hard crying, and racing heart Kaila bent over a bush getting rid of her lunch. It only made her cry harder realizing she was going to also be in so much trouble for leaving without saying anything.

She returned to the entrance of the ride and looked around frantically for Lain and Mallix.

The last place she left them was right here, but now they were gone. Kaila's heart was already beating ten times faster than it should be and not being able to find them only made it worse.

She tried looking around the area but to no avail. So she decided to do the only thing she could think of in a moment like this—she walked back into the castle resort and went back to their room.

Believing this would be the best place to look for them she tried knocking on the door to their suite. After getting no response she tried again, and again, and again. Until finally the door opened and a very angry man stood in front of her. He had bags under his eyes and his shirt was off showing his muffin top.

"What do you want! I'm trying to sleep!" He yelled at the small girl. Her eyes widened clearly this wasn't their room after all.

"Uh...I...um just..." she stumbled before he annoyingly sighed slamming the door in the girls face. She cried turning around and walking back to the elevators.

'Great I don't know where they went, I don't even know our room number, and I don't have a way to call them.' She huddled up in a ball in the corner of the room letting the tear works start again.

The sun was shining in the window besides her until finally it wasn't. The moon was now up and Kaila was still sat on the floor curled into a ball. Nobody had come or left the floor the entire time, at least non that she was paying attention to.

As much as she wanted to go back out to look for them, she also didn't want to move. At least here she would be able to catch them when they tried to come back to their room.

'What's taking them so long? I would've thought they would've given up looking at me hours ago. Please...please...please just come up the elevator already. I don't want to keep staring at the giant toad anymore...' she sharply stood up snapping her head at the elevator doors, '...toad! I'm on the wrong floor!' She screamed to herself.

She looked at what floor number the elevator said she was at and realized she was one floor short. Annoying she got in and went up, as she got out she watched as the doors shut meeting the same friendly unicorn she had when they first got here.

Down the hall she could hear screaming and crying. She followed the noise until it became apparent whose voices those shouts belonged too.
——————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off