Chapter 89: The Easy Part

"So your telling me that your husband doesn't have any help when he writes?! The amount of detail his worlds have, I just assumed he had an entire team dedicated to keeping track of all the facts." Hellen had her elbows down on the table looking shockingly at Lain.

"Yeah, I don't know what goes on in that head of his but it's a lot." Lain admitted taking a sip of her glass of water.

"Oh hello," a new voice echoed behind her. Coming in through the front door stood John holding onto a computer.

"Hey honey, how was work?" Hellen helped grab his bags and kissed his cheek.

"It was fine," he addressed his wife before turning to face Lain, "I'm John." He stuck his hand out.

"I'm Lain, it's a pleasure. I love your works." She extended her arms to meet his as they shook hands.

"Thank you, my wife's been talking about you since last night. We're big fans of your work as well, and your husbands. So I presume this means Kaila's here already?"

"She's upstairs playing with the girls," Hellen cut in as they all sat back down at the kitchen table. "Say didn't you have plans you needed to attend, I don't mean to be rude but how much longer until you leave?" She asked Lain politely wanting to know how much longer she would have her company around for.

"Thanks for the reminder, I should be going now. I don't want to be late. Thanks again for having Kaila over, we'll gladly return the favor for your girls if you ever need anything." She smiled thanking the couple before taking her leave.

As Lain left Kaila alone in her new surroundings, she sped away meeting Mallix, Nina, and James at the bowling alley. The three of them already knew they'd ride together knowing Lain had to go and drop Kaila off first.

Meeting up with them, Lain finally fixed her casual day suit and walked inside the building. Immediately the sound of pins crashing into one another we're all that she could hear. That and old country songs playing soundfully in the background. She looked around for her squad, seeing them waving her down from the back of the room.

"Finally you made it!" Nina laughed happily as she met with Lain midway to their table.

"I was having a talk with Hellen before I left. I didn't mean to take so long."

"Point is your here now, M already has your shoes and we're just putting our names in now."

Finally getting to the table Lain saw her husband talking with James. He had come in a very similar style to Mallix's. They both had almost similar taste in clothes.

While Mallix wore a dark blue vest over his white polo and jeans, James wore a black vest over his grey polo with khakis. With his hair slick back for a change and the strong smell of cologne again, there was definitely a clear change in his appearance.

"Hey babe, I grabbed your shoes already." Mallix patted the seat in between him and James on the circular table.

She forced a smiled when James waved as well. Walking up to her husband she whispering into his ear, "switch seats with me." It wasn't long before Mallix stood up and took a seat next to James who merely glanced over not daring to make a comment about it.

"Alright I call dibs on going first!" Nina laughed typing her name into the first spot before turning around to face the group. "Who wants to go next?"

"I'll do it," Mallix threw his hand up watching as Nina typed out his name second before turning towards them again.

"Third?"

James and Lain looked at one another silently debating who got next. It wasn't until Mallix in between them pointed to Lain.

Finishing up the last two names on the board, their lane of pins reset themselves opening the floor to Nina to begin.

Game after game they cheered and booed all night long. "I win...again!" Mallix cheered pumping his fists laughing when his wife happily clapped her hands, while Nina and James slow clapped at him.

"I'm famished, let's head over to dinner. Our reservation should be right about now." Nina said putting her heels back on checking the diamond watch on her wrist.

Bowling was a great idea, at least in Lain's head it was. The game allowed them to share something to talk over, it was dinner she was more anxious for. Left with nothing but their thoughts, she was wary of the conversations to come.

The entire ride to Amor Love both pair of couples spent the entire time talking to one another, never crossing paths. It wasn't until they finally made it did James and Lain have their first true interaction of the evening. While Mallix and Nina stepped out of the left side of the car, Lain was shocked to see James had opened her door for her.

"Uh, thanks." She stepped out watching him shut her door before running like a lost dog to Nina.

Shaking it off she resumed her conversation with Mallix while Nina went to check on their reservations.

"I don't think I've been here in years." James joined the duo while his date was away.

"Well your certainly missing a lot. I love the atmosphere this place has to offer. And not to mention the food itself isn't too shabby." Mallix smiled for once enjoying the company of his younger brother.

"Seems too fancy for my taste." James laughed off seeing a waiter walk out from behind the front desk with a plate full of freshly steamed lobster.

"It does." Mallix punched his brothers shoulder after seconds of awkward silence and noticing Lain looking intimidatingly at James.

"Our tables ready." Nina joined in signaling the friends to follow the waiter to their table.

Per usual they got their spot in the back with little to no one around them. Looking at their menus they were all quick to know what they wanted to eat. All except James.

"Any recommendations?" He asked the table.

"The chicken here is good, or the salmon, oh wait aren't you a vegetarian?" Nina asked before she began spilling the options out to him.

Nodding his head Nina continued on over the vegetarian dishes, meanwhile Lain and Mallix shared a look. One that was obviously shock with confusion sprinkled all around as well.

"I didn't know you went vegetarian twerp, I thought you loved meat."

James huffed at the name before opening his mouth, "I do, but I've been trying to fix what I eat. Plus I've been feeling great ever since I've started this diet so I'm going to continue with it."

Finally making up his option and ordering his dish, the group of four were left with nothing but their own silence to fill.
——————————————————————————
Let me know how you think the rest of their date is going to go. Thanks Lexx signing off