Chapter 68: Mole

Upon arrive at the courthouse, it was nearing closing time and just as they parked their car they spotted the judge walking out of the building towards his car.

They jumped at the opportunity and ran over to him with their copy of the order that they picked up on their way here.

The judge looked wide eyes at them trying to quickly get his car open but by the time he fumbled to find the right key, Lain and Mallix were standing right besides him.

Their arms were crossed and they gave him a scarily calm look. "Can I help you?" He asked hesitantly.

"Yeah, remember us?!" Mallix stepped closer making the judge coward back until his back hit his car.

Mallix's voice was deep and thick, the judge nodded while he continued, "good, then care to explain to us why you ordered for the Michael's to win."

Lain stepped forwards wanting to hear this part especially.

"Well...well you see I uh...uh I don't have to answer you...it is my judgment to make. Besides, I...I stated that while Ms. Kaila is eighteen...h-her parents have filed paperwork displaying her inability to care for herself. I had no choice but to grant them guardianship." He tried to move but the car stopped him as Mallix slammed his hand against his car over the judge's shoulder.

His eyes burning black staring straight into the judges. "Inability! Kaila is more than capable of taking care of herself! What evidence did they present of such accusation?!"

"T-that's...classified information. I, I can't tell you." He cowered hiding his face from the scarlet color Mallix's face was.

"Fine! Let's say they gave you some evidence of that! Why didn't we win?! Our evidence was factual and our witness testified for us!" As the words left Mallix's lips the judge looked down at the floor, like a child hiding an obvious secret.

"What are you hiding?!" Lain uncrossed her arms getting in on the action.

"I...I...I uh..." he shut his eyes hoping by the time they opened the couple would be gone.

But to no surprise was met with an even redder Mallix got in his face. "She bribed me!" He blurted out of the blue causing the couple to jump back in slight disbelief.

"Wait..." Lain stepped forwards pulling Mallix back so she could see him. "...they bribed you?! Isn't that, I don't know...illegal! Your a judge for f*** sake! Why'd you take it?!" She was furious.

"But they...they... I uh...don't tell anyone please!" He begged of them.

"Why not, getting your a** thrown in jail and kicked out of your job makes this situation a whole lot easier for us!" Mallix spat at him.

His eyes widened dropping to his knees begging for them not to tell. "What'd they bribe you with huh?! Money?! Power?!" Lain interrogated grabbing him by the collar of his shirt and pulling him back up to his feet, he was hovering inches off the ground when Lain extended her arms.

"Mo-mon...money." He embarrassing answered blushing.

"How much?! How much was worth us losing our little girl for?! What'd they give you?!" Mallix took him from Lain's hold and slammed him against his car.

"Ten...ten...ten grand" he tried to pry Mallix's hands off from his shirt to get free but was unsuccessful.

Mallix rolled his eyes irritated and full of anger throwing him off the car and onto the ground. "Ten grand?!" He got down near the judges face threatening to choke him out.

"What else did they do to bribe you?!" Mallix tightened his grip on the judges neck, watching happily as his face was slowing starting to become red.

"T-they didn't give me anything else...j-just evidence...f-from...t-the...g-girl." He was trying to tap out breathing in between squeezes.

"Girl?! What, you mean Lauren?! Was she in on this too?!" Lain got down prying her husbands hands off his neck, lifting him up and leaning his back against his car.

While he was hyperventilating to catch his lost breathe he nodded. Mallix and Lain looked back at each other taken back in shock. Their mouths hung down wide realizing they were destined to fail from the very beginning.

"They played us..." Lain face palmed feeling a wave of relief washing over herself to finally understand the motive behind the horrid attack.

"S-she was just suppose to get dirt on Kaila while she lived with her and then with you two," he confessed heaving in pain the couple conflicted onto him. "They explained their plan to us at the same time."

Mallix had a devilish dim to his eyes that were beaming red with horns peering out of the top of his head, as he curled his hands into two tight fists.

"You and your seriously terribly lack of judgement is going to get you in some very big trouble. Babe give it to me." Mallix held his hand out as Lain took out her phone showing a recording.

Lain had trimmed the clip before passing it off and as Mallix went to press play the judges eyes lit up. "She bribed me!...mo-mon...money... Ten...ten...ten grand."

His voice ringed back at him, Mallix has no idea how his wife did it. But she managed to put a distortion on their voices making them unrecognizable as they judge confessed to the treacherous act.

Handing the phone back to Lain, Mallix kneeled besides the judge who had worried written all over his face. "Now, here's what's going to happen. You are going to redo your judgement to make sure Kaila never leaves our side again. And get us some justice to those cretins for parents she has. Or, you can deal with police down your back over this recording." He stood up making his way to Lain. "We'll be in touch."

He grabbed his wife's hand and walking calmly back to their car. Inside the victory was sweet, but that was short lived as yet another wave of reality slapped them across the face. Something they were oblivious to the entire time.

Lain was just about done with keeping her cool, she had with held herself from blowing up at Nina when they left and not being upset when Mallix was planning to leave the house without her. But now—finding out that someone who was suppose to be on their team to secure their little girls place in their family was only here to sabotage them burned through her blood.

She was furiously recalling all the past events that took place. All the struggling they had to go through to even get Lauren on "their side" in the first place.
——————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off