Chapter 12: A New Morning

Kaila smiled seeing just how happy Lain was. The entire time they hugged she squealed with excitement and with the energy her body was producing seems like it would be enough to power an entire city.

"What's going on up here?" Mallix asked walking up the stairs to Kaila's nursery. He peaked his head inside seeing his wife strangling their poor girl.

He laughed to himself watching as she continued to hold on tightly to her. He kneeled down besides her and kissed the temple of his wife's head.

"Why are you so happy today?" He smiled over at her and Kaila. Seeing them together and happy like this was all he ever wanted.

"Do you want to say it baby, or should I?" Lain's excitement was becoming even more noticeable with how high pitched her voice had become.

Kaila pointed at Lain seeing how eager she was to be able to drop the news to Mallix. "The baby's agreed to try this out!"

Kaila looked over at Mallix happily observing as his eyes shot open as he was both in shock and excitement. "Is this true Kaila, you want to be able to stay here with us? You want to be o-our b-baby girl." He said getting chocked up on words as he was getting teary.

She nodded, "you guys seem really sweet and this all seems really nice. I mean it's worth a try, plus you and Lain have been nice to me the entire time," she throws her head down in shame, "a-and I haven't been."

Simultaneously the couple awe at her as Lain squeezes her tighter and Mallix joins in as well. "We know you've been having a rough time adjusting to it all at first precious, but now that you want to do this. I already know it's going to have so much fun having you around!"

Quiet, they all sat on the floor of Kaila's nursery in one another's arms as soft sniffles were the only noise.

The only broke them from their moment was a foul smell of over burnt bacon. "The food!" Mallix yelled jumping up and running downstairs.

Lain laughed as she grabbed Kaila and walked down. The heavy stench of bacon filled the entire bottom floor completely. Lain and Kaila were pushed back by the smell.

Mallix quickly opened all the bottom floor windows trying to air the house out. "What about we go out for breakfast?" He chuckled as he tossed out the charred bacon.

Lain broke out laughing and Kaila giggled at him, "that sounds fine babe, I'm going to go help Kaila get ready for the day."

And away they went back up the long flight of stairs into the bathroom. Together they washed up and Lain went to Kaila's nursery to grab her a change of clothes. When she returned Kaila was surprised to see Lain holding a yellow snapping top with the words Baby Time written across it and some black leggings.

"I'm not wearing that." She stated.

"And why not?"

"Cause everyone's going to look at me funny!" she whined.

"Cutie, I promise you nobody's going to look at you funny because of the outfit." Her voice was soft but firm.

"How do you know that?"

Lain's chuckled, "I have my ways baby."

Taking a deep breathe, and a moment of Kaila bitting her tongue about earlier, she sucked it up and allowed Lain to help change her into the outfit.

"Awe, don't you just look adorable! Come on let's get that bed head of yours figured out." She teased grabbing a hair brush from off the bathroom counter.

Kaila just glared at her as she watched Lain sit down on the toilet patting her lap. Walking to her Lain swooped her up onto her legs as she began to brush out Kaila's hair.