Chapter 52: Stressful Morning

Morning came by sooner than anyone wanted. Mallix and Lain grumpily got out of bed and began their morning routine making sure they were both ready to go before starting on Kaila.

As Lain walked to the side of the bed she gently stroking her little girls cheek before using her thumb to slide the baby hairs out of her face.

"Good morning sunshine," she cooed down seeing Kaila's eyes flutter open for a second. "Come on we've got to get up cutie, you have a play date today with Aunt Nina."

"No!" She croaked out not wanting to be moved from her comfortable position under the sheet.

"Mommy told you get up Kaila, let's go. Up you get before Mr. Tuffy is going to steal all your breakfast." Mallix opened the curtains letting the sunlight into the room. Kaila grunted rubbing her wrist against her eyes.

"What's for breakfast babe?" Lain suspiciously asked removing the cover from Kaila's body as she laughed.

"Pancakes and bacon," the second those words left Mallix's mouth Kaila sat up with hunger in her eyes.

"Are you ready to go eat now?" Lain tried to grab hold of Kaila to lead her downstairs but in a flash she was out of their room yelling out, "don't eat my pancakes Tuffy!"

The couple laughed at their drama queen before going to catch up with her seeing her thrashing around with the gate eagerly trying to get it to open.

"Kaila," Mallix started sternly, "what have I told you about going rough with the gates. Just wait we're coming to help you." After undoing the lock Kaila was about to sprint off again down the stairs before Lain caught her by the back of her shirt.

She pulled her little girl closer to her before setting her onto her hip. "You know not to run on the steps, especially after that little incident of yours. Now do I have to carry you down or can you be a good girl and walk?"

Kaila hung her head down before mumbling a quiet, "I'll walk." Not wanting to have a scene this early in the morning Lain our Kaila down grabbing hold of her hand as they walked down the steps.

In the dinning room there sat Mr. Tuffy in the table top of Kaila's high chair that had a plate of freshly made pancakes and bacon on a colorful plate waiting for her. Finally as Lain's grip loosened Kaila slipped away grabbing her stuffed friend off her table.

"No, Mr. Tuffy my food!" She scolded her bear before running to sit him down comfortably on the couch in the living room while Mallix opened her chair for her.

She bounced happy as he lifted her up into her chair and replacing the top. Without needing to be told she dug into her food enjoying the warm fluffy and golden goodness.

After breakfast Mallix stayed to clean while Lain helped give Kaila a bathe and into her light pink jumper. As soon as she was done Lain left Kaila alone to help Mallix clean up the mess downstairs.

"Let's go see Aunt Nina, grab your bag precious," Mallix called out from the bottom of the stairs to Kaila who was hiding out in her playroom.

"Don't wanna go!" She yelled back, her voice echoed through the halls down to the first floor to Mallix who was patiently waiting for her.

"Kaila now or were going to be late for our meeting!" He was strict and used that voice he saved for when he wanted to inflict fear.

After a loud thud above his head and many loud stomps down the stairs later an angry and irritated little girl with red eyes and a care bear bag appeared. "Watch that attitude," he lowly growled in her face as he grabbed her elbow unimpressed and began to drag her out.

She was crying out now in full tears scratching on his arm trying to get him to release her arm. But her scratches only felt like little tickles as he didn't even flinch. Growing more agitated that he wouldn't let her go she slumped her body falling to the ground.

Mallix let her go growling, before he could pick her up she got to her feet and dashed away. Chasing after her he caught her arm seeing how distressed she was stretching her arm out trying to reach Mr. Tuffy placed on the couch from earlier.

He sighed letting her go to grab her bear tapping his foot as he waited for her to take his hand again. "What did you do to her?" Lain's asked confused seeing how upset Kaila was when they made it to the car.

"She wanted to throw a tantrum about having to leave" his voice was still low as he passed her over to Lain to put into the car.

Mallix got in slamming the door to the drivers seat as he sat waiting in the car while Lain bent down to Kaila's height looking at her with a look of disappointment. "Why were you giving daddy a hard time today Kaila? You know he's stressing out over our meeting today, this is very important. Now knock it off with this unacceptable behavior, I want you to have a fun time today with Aunty Nina so let's go." Her tone gentle but still deep and serious.

"But I wanna go with you!" She protested stomping her foot out of anger.

"No, we had this discussion already Kaila. You are going to spend the day with Aunt Nina, she's already taken the time out of her schedule to watch you." Her voice was commanding, "Now get in the car." She pointed towards the car door looking dead in Kaila's eyes.

"But-" Lain just crossed her arms looking down at Kaila causing her to stop in her track.

"I said no. When mommy says no that is final, don't try to argue with me. Now get in the car before you'd like to be writing lines as soon as we get there." Lain's voice was scarily soft as she lowly spoke never breaking eye contact.

Weeping and hurt Kaila dragged her feet until she got in afraid to move as Lain buckled her up. She held Mr. Tuffy close to her chest resting her head on top of his breathing in his sweet rose scent to help calm her down.
——————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off