Chapter 62: Daddy/Daughter Day

Last night came to a close with the happy family collapsing onto their king size bed, all cuddled up under the warm leaf sheets. Kaila's eyes had been shut for the past hour meanwhile both Lain and Mallix were finding it challenging to get some shut eye themselves.

Instead the only thing bothering their minds was the order determining their future. Neither of them said anything, nor moved. Instead they simply laid contently holding onto their little girl letting this sweet moment sink in. While silent they were both agreeing this was the best moment of the day.

Kaila's soft breathing into their ears played a harmony unlike any other. Getting lost in their each individual thoughts, hours later Lain found herself asleep. Except Mallix. Instead he found himself wide awake now staring at the ceiling.

Hours on end he contemplated to himself how one piece of paper was going to determine the future for his family. Every bone in his body was telling him the judgement would be alright, he had outside support telling him to be hopeful, but deep down he couldn't help but feel terror.

Terrorized at night by the horrendous thought of him losing his baby girl after only getting her situated with them.

As light found its way through their curtains and began to illuminate their dark room, he noticed a shifting on his side. Kaila had turned her body into his, laying her head across his chest holding on tightly to his arm.

Carefully he rested his free hand onto her head and held her close to himself. "Daddy?" She groggily said poking his chin repeatedly.

"Yes precious" he left his hand on her head keeping her where she was as he pulled her up onto lay on his body.

"We go park?" Her voice was hinted with excitement but she was too tired to even lift her head off of Mallix's chest.

"Later baby, look mommy's still asleep" she lazily rolled her eyes over to see Lain turned away from them breathing heavily.

"But daddy!" She whined pounding her tiny fists into his sides hiding her face into his chest. He scrunched his face feeling the slight wetness from the drool around her mouth against his skin.

"No, why don't you try and get someone shut eye. We've got ourselves a long day ahead of us" he tried to pat her back but before his hand could even reach her, Kaila was hopping off of him crawling on the floor slowly to her wand from yesterday.

He stayed silent watching as she started to twirl the stick of plastic at them muttering for them to get up and out of bed. When nothing happened she slumped down trying again but her voice had become louder shaking the wand. Nothing again, this caused her to start shouting which Mallix immediately shot up at and marched over to her.

He pulled the wand away from her bending down to face her, "we do not shout this early in the morning. Mommy is trying to get some sleep and I would like her to stay that way. If you want to go out so badly then I suggest you play quietly while I shower. After we finish getting ready, you and I can go and look around the shops for a little. But this is only if you can stay quiet and let mommy sleep. If she wakes up then we're not going anywhere today, and you can stay here to think about why it's not nice to wake other people up."

"I wanna shower to!" Pounding her fists and legs onto the floor of the suite.

"After daddy you can" he went to get up only for her legs to begin flaring around the place on the verge of tears.

"Don't you make another peep, I don't want to hear you unless it is in a whisper" his voice was hard as stone as he got up and disappeared into the bathroom placing her wand on top of the counter.

Kaila whimpered out not wanting to be left alone. She looked over to the counter countless times before waddling her way over to it and grabbing her wand off of it.

Happily she plopped herself down on the floor flaring the wand around. It hadn't even occurred to her that the shower had stopped and behind her stood Mallix.

"I being quiet," she protested before he could even get a word in.

Rolling his eyes and sighing holding onto his temples he kissed the top of her head and took her to the bathroom to get themselves ready for the day.

Finally in their day clothes, Kaila was trying her hardest not to squeal while she was jumping around the door.

Mallix had awoken Lain mentioning where they went before she tiredly pushed him away and shut her eyes again.

"Now daddy!" Kaila finally gave in squealing with excitement as she was going to open the door.

He laughed at her enthusiasm and nodded. It didn't take them long to get to the elevators and down to the lobby. The entire trip down Kaila was humming along to a random tune in her head.

With the ding of the elevator Kaila skipped out dragging Mallix along behind her over to the gift shop. Every aisle they went down there was something Kaila spotted. From a custom pen to a T-shirt.

The last aisle had many other souvenirs, one of which was a glass mug that had a picture of the resort and park embedded into the cup. She ran her fingers along the grooves of the cup and as she went to pick it up to show Mallix, his hands were already on hers pulling her hands away.

She looked at him with wide eyes seeing an unimpressed look on his face. "It's glass, you can look but don't touch. We've got plenty of bottles and cups for you at home, and I've already bought you some new ones yesterday. But we don't touch glass. It could break and you could get an ouchie."

"But I wanted to show you" she whimpered putting her arms to her side before he took her in for a hug.

"I can see it just fine from where it is on the shelf precious, why don't we go look at the stuffed animals they have. You can pick Mr. Tuffy a friend while we're here."

"Ok!" She jumped back already half way to the stuffed animal aisle before Mallix could even finish laughing.

The next two hours went by of them looking through the store and stopping by one of the restaurants the resort had to have some breakfast. Their morning was going well, they were spending their sweet time bonding.
——————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off