Chapter 72: Risky Move

"I love you too baby." Mallix heard Lain as he walked back into the living room. He saw the two of them in one another's embrace and his entire world froze.

The moment seemed to last a lifetime before Kaila lifted her head up and looked over to him like she had done something wrong quickly pulling away from Lain.

"Your alright precious, don't be worried." He reassured as he took a seat besides them again. Kaila crawled off Lain's lap and into Mallix's while she snuggled up into his strong hold.

"Love you daddy" she told while giving him a kiss on the cheek before sinking back down into his arms.

"I love you too Kaila," he smiled feeling a warm fuzzy feeling making its way throughout his entire body.

"What was the call about?" Lain asked while he turned to face her cradling Kaila in his lap still.

"It was James he was just wanted to tell me that we had a schedule change. We've got to go and get prepa-par..." he trailed off getting lost in Kaila's eyes. The shimmer in her eyes were enchanting and the innocence they held made him want nothing more than to stay in bed all day with Kaila by his side, with his wife besides them.

"Babe," Lain tried to get his attention by clapping her hands in his face. He snapped out of his haze shaking his head while Kaila giggled at him.

"The schedule change?" Lain's reminded curious as to what change was going on.

Suddenly Mallix's mood dropped and he wasn't as peaceful as he was before. "So you know we aren't suppose to start back up work for another week or so, well because of our stats running low we need to get back to business. He was calling to tell me we have to go to the studio in two days to get some paper work filled out."

"We can't start yet! We already have so much on our plate with Kaila's parents!" She complained looking in disbelief at her husband.

"I know, I tried to tell him we needed more time. But it's James, what'd you expect him to say? He says we need to go in and if we don't there's going to be an issue with management."

Lain sighed out annoyed with the situation before clearing her throat, "fine then. I just wish this could've waited until we at least had something figured out with what to do about the pest on our hands right now."

"Gots a go work soon?" Kaila asked peering out at them anxiously.

"Yes we do have work soon, but it doesn't mean we can't still be around. We're just going to be a bit busier is all. Besides you'll be able to sit in the studio with us and play quietly while we work. Everything's going to be alright," Mallix told Kaila holding her close to his chest.

She nodded leaning back into his hold calmly. Lain got up to walked away into the kitchen, moments later she returned with a bottle of milk in her hands.

Passing it over to her husband she took a seat back, "here precious open up." He lifted it up to her mouth letting her attach onto the end of the bottle and let the warm milky substance run down her throat.

Their morning consisted of quality time with Kaila. With all the drama going around they knew they had to start somewhere in rebuilding the full trust they had with the small girl. Upstairs on the second floor, the small family were all playing games. Round after round they shared laughs and fits.

Hours later they heard a loud banging on their front door. Lain got up from her seat next to Kaila to go downstairs to check the door. Looking out the window besides the door she was pleased to see Nina waving back at her.

Lain opened the door letting Nina inside again. "So, care to explain what you were doing?" She crossed her arms raising an eyebrow.

"Exactly what you expected me to, I went to Kaila's parents house and had a...pleasant, talk with them. So to speak." She briefed over very quickly her whereabouts.

"Come on N," Lain whined wanting eagerly to figure out what was going on.

"Alright fine then if you must know, I may or may not have asked someone I know who just so happens to be persuasive and got the information we needed to put an end to this." Her voice was getting higher the further along she got in her statement.

"Nina!" Lain scolded realizing how reckless Nina's actions were and the consequences that could have gotten them into.

"Don't worry about it Lain, I got it covered. They won't even remember us visiting them or asking any questions."

"What?! How?! Do I want to know?! How did you even manage to pull this off in such a short amount of time?" Lain asked confused.

"I'm not that big of a loser Lain, I do know people. And it just so happens this one owed me a huge favor for something. Aren't you even a little bit curious what I asked them?" She playfully slapped Lain's shoulder.

"Of course I want to find out, but do you realize how much trouble this could've caused if they alerted someone."

"Trust me L," Nina grabbed Lain's shoulders looking into her eyes, "nobody will know. They don't even remember any of it. Plus this just helps in sooo many ways."

Lain sighed realizing the accuracy to her statement "Just please don't do it again."

Nina nodded her head in agreement before taking Lain's hand and moving them to the living room to disclose all the details. The two women sat on the couch readying themselves for what was to come.

"Did you find out why they wanted Kaila back?" Lain lent in slightly desperately wanting to know why two people who wanted nothing more than to get rid of their little girl, all of a sudden come crawling back.

"That was the first question I asked L, you won't believe what I found out on why they wanted Kaila back." She had a special shine in her eyes she reserved only for when she was the most excited.
———————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off