Chapter 74: Nanny Nina

Yesterday was quick to come to an end after Nina and Kaila spent the afternoon bonding. It was important for the small family to integrate Nina into things slowly to make the transition for Kaila easier.

They continued watching movies all night long. Nina was sitting besides Kaila helping her finish in her coloring page. After checking the time Nina began her first trial of getting Kaila into her pajamas and into bed.

The entire time Lain and Mallix we're keeping a close eye on them, while at the same time using this breathe of air to prepare for what was to come.

After waking up to the bright morning sun peering from behind their curtains the couple got up and ready. They migrated into their offices and finished prepping for a meeting they had with Alex. With the new evidence thanks to Nina, they were able to work with Alex to set up a new trial against the Michaels.

This time they knew with one hundred percent certainty they were going to take a win on this one. No matter what type of evidence they had to present, no matter who they brought in to testify for them, the evidence the duo had was solid. Nothing was going to stand in the way of them solidifying Kaila's place in their home.

Morning went smoothly for Nina. Getting Kaila out of her crib and ready for the day was the trickiest part, but the second the small girl was free to go and play with her toys in her play room she was set.

As Kaila played peacefully with Mr. Tuffy sat across from her, Nina had gone downstairs to get a small meal ready for breakfast.

Since Lain and Mallix were going to be busy working on getting the evidence out to a new judge to get the Michaels off their backs and to prepare to start back up in work, Nina was in charge of keeping Kaila company and occupied.

Wanting to give the couple their space to talk freely, Nina returned to the play room with a small bowl of fruit for the little girl in her white denim overalls and bow in her hair, to keep her set for another hour.

At first Kaila was hesitant to eat any of the cut up strawberries and grapes but with some encouragement she had downed the entire thing. Nina returned downstairs to clean the bowl where she ran into the couple making themselves two cups of coffee.

"How is she?" Mallix asked taking a bite of a croissant.

"She's doing alright, she just finished up some fruit." Nina put the bowl into the sink where she grabbed some soap and cleaned the small princess item.

"What're you guys going to do today?" He asked taking his now ready cup of coffee to his lips and blowing on it before taking a sip.

"I'm going to take her out for a picnic at the park for a few hours. That way you have space to work with Alex without worrying about us." She explained simply.

But Lain turned around from making herself a sandwich with nervous eyes. She trusted Nina with her life, but to take Kaila away from them in a moment like this seemed wrong. The worry became prominent as a tear slipped through.

"L, everything ok?" Nina put her hand on her shoulder grabbing the woman's attention.

"Yeah...uh, yeah I'm fine." She sniffled. "Why don't you guys just stay here instead?"

"Come on Lain, it would be good for Kaila and Nina to get some one on one time together for a few hours. Besides I do like the idea of getting some time to focus on the important matters at hand." Mallix interjected.

"Important matters? Kaila is our important matter, I want her to stay close by." Lain explained.

"Kaila is my number one priority babe. But with the amount of work we're going to have to put into everything, I think it would be useful to be able to put all my attention into this. I don't want to mess up or forget something. Just think the faster we get this over with, the faster Kaila gets to stay here with us and nobody can say otherwise." He sent her a soft smile using his thumb to wipe across her tear soaked cheek.

"If you really don't want us to leave L, I could just have a picnic with Kaila outside in the backyard." Nina suggested not wanting to stress her worried friend already more than she was.

Taking a deep breathe and giving out a loud exhale she looked towards her husbands loving eyes then back to Nina's. "No, it's alright. You guys can go out to have a nice time. It's just...just hard to let her go right now."

"And she will be just fine babe, Nina's got her. I think we should go and get ready. Alex will be here in an hour." Mallix smiled grabbing his wife's hand.

The couple went upstairs to gather all their required documents to be ready for Alex's input on them all. Meanwhile Nina got a lunch ready and set it in a wooden picnic basket, before getting herself ready for the day.

As soon as she was done the tall woman walked upstairs seeing Kaila sitting behind the locked baby gate with a long face. Instantly Nina's heart felt for the girl. "Hey there pretty girl, ready for our fun day today!" She began to hype up the sad girl with grey skin.

"What we gonna do?" Her pout disappeared and interest crossed over her face. The shimmer in her eyes were coming back and soon her natural glow returned.

"You and I are going to go to the park today. You can run around and get all your energy out first, then we can have a nice meal by the lake there, and then maybe if your good we can stop by the boutique and I'll let you pick out a new outfit. Sound good?" Nina opened the gate picking up the small girl watching happily as she nodded her head with excitement and glee.

"Perfect. Let's go tell mommy and daddy bye first and then you and I can leave to get our nice day started." Going down one flight of stairs Nina opened the baby gate and set Kaila down, allowing her to run around in through Mallix's open office doors where she saw both of the duo typing up things on their computers.

"What are you doing in here precious? I thought Aunt Nina was taking you out somewhere special today." He smiled opening his arms as she climbed up onto his lap.

"Sayin bye!" She smiled and pressed a kiss onto his nose causing him to chuckle at the sweet gesture before pulling her in close to give her his bear hug.

"Be good alright, I love you." He stood her up and saw her happy feet scurry across rooms into Lain's office where she once again hopped into her lap.

"Hey baby, come to tell me bye too." She already beat Kaila to it, letting the obvious fact that she overheard them next door come to use. Nodding her head Kaila told Lain bye kissing her cheek before jumping from the tall woman's lap into Nina's strong arms waiting for her.

After Nina said her farewells to the couple they found themselves in the garage, packing into a car before Nina drove off.
———————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off