Chapter 10: Bedtime

Mumbling was all Kaila could hear, her head had lowered from the edge of the tub down to where half her ears were under water.

She fluttered her eyes open, feeling her body all pruny she sat up. The mumbles got louder but she was so tired she couldn't understand any of it.

The once filled tub with bubbles had dissolved and only a few stranglers were left.

Before she knew it Lain bursted through the door, a terrified look on her face. She could clearly see from the small girls face she had only just woken up.

Blushing profusely, Kaila gathered up as many of the remaining bubbles as she could and covered herself with them.

"Kaila, did you fall asleep in the bath? I was trying to call for you for at least twenty minutes." Lain asked bending down in front of the small girl a hint of panic behind her gentle tone.

Instead of a response, Kaila yawned, but that was enough for Lain to get her answer. She shook her head over to the the small girl who tried hiding behind the tiny mountain of bubbles being stacked on front of her.

"Hurry up cutie, lets get you all clean so you can properly go to sleep. But with something like this happening, I don't know if I'm going to let you be alone during bath time anymore. It's very dangerous to fall asleep in the tub, you could have gotten really hurt. Maybe I over estimated just how big of a girl my little baby is." Lain reached out for Kaila's hand after she soaped up a washcloth.

"I'm not a baby! I-it was just a mistake, I won't do it again!" Kaila begged, 'wait...why am I so concerned with what she thinks of me?! Why did that make me feel bad? I'm not a baby, I'm not. Aghh! Why does she make me feel this way?!'.

"Oh I'm sure it was baby, but for now, I'm going to help you get all cleaned up. Now come on, let me wash your arms." Once again Lain held her hands out for Kaila.

But the tiny girl just pouted, she didn't need help. This was a simple task and she was more than capable of doing it herself.

Sighing, Lain reached and pulled Kaila's hand away from her. The small girl whined having her arm being pulled away, but she was quickly shushed.

Quickly Lain washed the girls hair and arms, but Kaila was too stubborn for her to move anywhere else.

"C-can I just do it?" She asked shyly.

Lain breathes out heavily, "Kaila I told you already, I don't want to leave you alone again, not after what happened. Plus, there's nothing to be embarrassed about cutie. The faster you let me wash you, the faster we can go get you into some nice jammies and into bed, hmm."

'Why's she got to be so convincing?! Are you really going to let this woman, who you've only known for a day now, wash you? I-I mean s-she is p...pretty. What's that got to do with anything?! Kaila get your mind out of the gutter!' Her face was becoming redder by the second.

Looking down sympathetically, Lain took it upon herself to very slowly move closer to wash her baby, and see the response. When Kaila just stiffened up but didn't oppose, Lain was sure to quickly make work of finishing the job.

"There we go all clean! Don't you look all sparkly!" A bright smile beamed on the woman's face.

She grabbed the nearby towel wrapping Kaila into it before lifting her up out of the tub. Once she was dry, with a little help and encouragement, Kaila allowed Lain to help her get into yet again another onesie. Only this time it had Olaf from Frozen all over it.

Quietly the woman cooed seeing how adorable her baby was in it. "Come on lets go say goodnight to Mallix, then you missy, can get some proper sleep in a bed and not a tub." Lain chuckled lifting Kaila up onto her hip.

Inside their room, Mallix was just walking out of the bathroom. The steam from his shower escaping from the doorway, and into the open room where he saw his girls walking in.

"Don't you look precious." He commented seeing Kaila's cute attire.

She smiled sweetly. He made his way over to them kissing his wife before looking over to the small girl.

"What do you have to say Kaila?" Lain asked bouncing her as she yawned again.

"G-good night"

"Good night precious" he kissed the top of her head. "Sweet dreams baby."

"I'll be back babe," Lain said turning around to walk back out of the room with Kaila. But right before they could get out Mallix stopped them, he patted their bed.

Curiously Lain walked back putting Kaila down who pouted and whined being put down. "What is it babe, the baby's getting a little fussy." Lain looked over seeing Kaila whine louder falling back onto the bed.

"See" she chuckled.

Mallix sat down laughing, "sit up precious, I just wanted to tell you some rules for when you wake up." He looked to his wife signaling her for to sit down with him.

"When you wake up in the morning, we have a baby monitor in your room, so all you have to do is call for one of us and well come get you. I do not want you under any circumstance climbing out of the crib like you did before. You could have seriously gotten hurt..."

"...that wouldn't be the first time today." Lain mumbled.

"What?" Mallix asked hearing her.

"We had a little incident earlier during bath time didn't we Kaila." She raised her eyebrow at her only causing her to pout more, and hide her face into the sheets.

"What happened?" A lost Mallix asked.

"I was going to check on her after you got in the shower, only to find out that a little someone had fallen asleep in the water."

"What?!"

Kaila felt herself shrink down into the bed wanting to get away from all of this.

"Kaila that was extremely dangerous! You could've drowned! Do you know how sad and upset we would be if that were the case!" He lifted her up out of the bed and into his lap as he cradled her. He held her tight against his chest feeling a protective urge come out of him.

'Aghhh! Why's he got to be just as comfortable as Lain?! I can't escape these cuddle traps! What are they doing to me?!'

Before letting her go he placed another kiss onto the top of her head.

"We talked about it already, and she already knows that someone will help her from now on." Lain added in.

"Good, I don't want to imagine something like that happening to you baby girl. Clearly your tired so I'll say what I need to fast so pay attention. You call us if you need to be let out during any time of the night. And if you have to go potty in the middle of the night you can call one of us to get you. Ok?"

Kaila nodded after a little hesitation.

"Thank you precious for being so good right now. Alright let's get you to sleep." He chuckled seeing Kaila yawn like a little kitten wiping her little fists against her eyes.

All together they walked into the doppelgänger room and dropped the gates to the crib. He laid Kaila down tucking her in tightly under the sheets.

"Good night baby, I love you." He kissed her face again.

"Nighty night cute" Lain copied before putting the gates back up.

Mallix winded up the mobile over her crib and together the couple walked out hand in hand closing the door behind them to a crack.

For as tired as the small girl was Kaila found herself unable to sleep now. Instead her brain was on overtime thinking about everything that happened today.
———————————————————————
A/N: Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Even if you don't celebrate it, what's something you guys are thankful for? I'll start, I'm really thankful to every single one you who read my stories, vote, and comment. It means everything to me. It's you guys who's responsible for something like MLP ranking 1 in #mommydom. Thank You Soooo Much and Have A Happy Holiday!

Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off