Chapter 49: Super Spy

After removing as much blood as he could, he bandages her up, and they all examined her wound thankfully she had only gotten a small cut no bigger than a bean that wasn't deep. "Your alright baby, you were such a trooper while daddy cleaned your ouchie." Lain whispered into her ear rocking them slowly.

"What were you doing running on the stairs anyways? Why wasn't the gate shut?" Nina asked looking at the gate besides her. Sadness filled her heart seeing some of Kaila's blood ruining the clean texture of the material.

Mallix suddenly opened his eyes wide realizing his mistake, which Lain and Nina didn't miss. "Babe, you know that was exactly the reason I wanted these gates installed." Lain told him.

"I know I'm sorry, it must've just slipped my mind to check if I had shut it." He defended before bending down to the sad baby in Lain's lap kissing her forehead, "I'm so sorry precious. Can you forgive daddy for his mistake?"

"Tis ok" she responded quietly sinking into Lain's hold.

"What were you doing on the stairs anyways? I thought I put you down to finish your movie?" Mallix questioned the poor girl.

She whined hiding out into Lain's chest as she shook her head. "Was someone spying on us?" Nina asked playfully with a raised eyebrow which only resulted in a louder whine and pout.

Suddenly all eyes were on her, "Kaila what did you hear us say exactly?" Lain sat her up looking into her eyes.

But Kaila kept quiet playing with the tips of her fingertips, getting too fixated on them that she blocked everyone else out.

"Kaila?" Mallix said sternly with his hand on her shoulder. "Spill it," he reminded repeatedly curling his index finger towards her mouth gesturing for her to speak.

The girl in the hot seat was still sniffling and hiccuping from her crying earlier. Eventually after an awkward few minutes of nothing Lain pulled her in closer again letting her baby hide out in the crook of her neck.

Lain stood up walking to the top floor nursery alone gesturing for the others not to follow them. She sat in the rocking chair with Kaila stretched across her lap being cradled as the taller woman brought the bottle down to her lips again, this time Kaila latched on eagerly sucking away its contents.

Before they knew it the bottle was completely empty and Kaila was still wide awake in Lain's lap. She chuckled before sitting her small girl up so she was straddling her. "Alright were alone, now will you tell me what you overheard please," Lain was trying to catch Kaila's eyes while her baby's head was to the floor.

Lightly grabbing Kaila's chin Lain moved her head up so she could lock eyes with her and she could feel the small girl shattering in her lap. When Kaila still refused to make a peep Lain had a new idea that she hadn't tried before, "one," she said coldly with a terrifying look in her eyes.

Kaila's eyes immediately jumped open knowing how this trick of hers was going to play out. "Two," came by faster than she would've liked it to, and now she knew her time was giving in on her.

"Don't you dare make me say three Kaila," Lain's voice was chilling and sent the small girls arm hairs to stand.

But Kaila also knew there was no way she was going to let her get to three. As Lain puckered her lips ready to finish counting Kaila jumped lightly, "no!"

"No?" Lain raised her eyebrow looking at the girl in her lap, "then start talking baby."

"I heard what you and Mallix are going to have to do because of me," she sadly looked up meeting the taller woman's glare which softened by the dread in her little girls voice.