Chapter 47: Nina To The Rescue

Waking up from her nap an hour later Kaila was feeling more playful and energetic than before. She stretched and shook the remaining sleep from her body before standing up in her crib holding onto the bars as she shouted out for Lain or Mallix.

But neither of them came, so she tried again. Nothing. She collapsed down onto the mattress with her hands at a death grip on the bars as she began to wail. 'Where are they?!'

She began getting nervous and started to contemplate whether or not she should just climb out over the top again. But she remembered that she wasn't allowed to do that.

The poor girl didn't know what to do, she wanted to just climb out and find where Lain and Mallix were but she also knew that if they caught her she'd be in trouble.

"Hey hey hey, calm down there darling." She heard Nina enter the room dropping the gate and lifting her onto her hip. She was bouncing and patting her back trying her best to calm Kaila down.

"Shh, stop crying Kaila." Nina sat down in the rocking chair pulling the little girl so she was straddling the tall woman rocking them slowly.

"W'ere mommy an daddy!" Kaila whined out between her sobs finding it hard to even think of the proper words to use.

Internally Nina was both panicking and awing at the sight bestowed in front of her. "They had to run to the store to pick up some things for tonight darling. Stop crying please." Nina tightened her hold on the short girl.

But hearing that they had left her, without even saying goodbye, broke the little girls heart and her sobbing only worsened.

"Your ok Kaila, mommy and daddy will be home shortly. How about we go color them a picture for when they get home."

"Co'or?" She asked in between her hiccups as she started to calm down laying her head in the crook of the woman's neck.

"Yeah let's go color, and while you do that I'll put on a movie. Doesn't that sound nice?" She put her nose against Kaila's giving her an eskimo kiss.

Once Kaila was calm enough she nodded her head and Nina carried her out into the living room. "You pick a movie darling, I'm going to go grab some supplies."

After a tough decision of deciding between Frozen and Aladdin. Nina was putting Aladdin into the movie player first as Kaila scrambled through the art supplies. She grabbed a piece of construction paper and began to scribble around it.

Meanwhile Nina sat behind her on the couch watching the little one draw away. Right as the movie was coming to an end Kaila stood up holding her artwork in front of the tall woman to admire.

"Isn't that beautiful" she gasped looking at it, "is that you in the middle of mommy and daddy." She pointed to a smaller stick figure in between two larger ones while different smaller drawings filled the page along with a big glitter mess on the edges.

Kaila nodded her head happily taking Nina's hand as the taller woman led her back to the mess. "Help me clean all this up and we can have a snack while we wait for them."

"Ok" Kaila answered getting down on her hands and knees with Nina and began to clean the mess.

After they cleaned up and Nina made them both a fruit bowl, they sat together happily on the couch as Frozen started.

"Do you like it here with Lain and Mallix?" Nina asked wrapping her arm around Kaila's waist pulling her in closer to her side.

She nodded her head putting a cut up grape into her mouth fixated on the movie in front of her. But wanting to get to know the little girl more Nina turned the volume down, as the small girl whined besides her.

"Well I'm trying to talk to you darling, and the movie wasn't helping." She chuckled bopping the little ones nose.

"Now how about I try that again, do you like it here with mommy and daddy?" She looked Kaila in the eyes as she nodded her head with a wide smile. It wasn't long before the small girl was listing every single thing she enjoyed about it here, which was a very long list. But Nina sat through it all.

The two of them continued getting to know each other better. Kaila had found out how Nina met Lain and Mallix back in grade school. The trio were always close and their bond only got stronger when they found out they all were into this lifestyle.

Both Nina and Lain went to college together to study fashion design while Mallix went for literature. It was during their college years did Lain and Mallix admit their feelings for one another. Once they graduated Lain and Mallix went on to kick start their career while Nina was working on getting her boutique open.

Now that they were stable, Lain and Mallix made work of preparing for their perfect girl and Nina was still struggling to find hers.

"And now here we are," Nina smiled brushing stray hairs out of Kaila's face, "that's my story."

Just on time Lain and Mallix came through the garage door with surprisingly no bags. "There back! Mommy! Daddy!" Kaila squealed hopping off the couch with Nina and over to the couple.

"Hey baby, what are you doing up already? I thought you'd be down for another hour." Lain's smiled sweetly and lifted Kaila up.

Mallix and Lain walked into the living room where Frozen was still playing. "How was she? I hope she didn't give you too much trouble." Mallix asked Nina.

"She was good, we had a little tears in the beginning after she found out you two were gone, but other than that she's been easy. And I think there's something she would like to show the two of you." The last part was aimed more at Kaila as she squirmed out of Lain's arms and grabbed the picture she made.

Proudly she held it high for the duo to get a good look at it. "Did you make that all by yourself?" Mallix asked shocked putting his hands to his mouth gasping.

Kaila nodded happily, "that looks amazing cutie. I love it." Lain's kissed her nose.

"I love it too precious, how about we go hang this on the fridge?" He grinned taking Kaila's hand as she skipped with him all the way to the kitchen and hung her picture up. "There now everyone can see it."

He proceeded to carry her back into the living room seeing Frozen on pause. Looking around questioning his wife and friends whereabouts, setting Kaila down and resumed the movie before kissing the top of her head. He opened the gate and started walking upstairs to where he could finally hear Lain and Nina's voices.
——————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off