Chapter 58: Fairy Dust

Finally after a five hour flight and arguing with Kaila over why it is important to keep her seatbelt buckled during landing, the small family finally landed.

They grabbed their luggage and caught a taxi to their resort. The entire ride Kaila was jumping around barely able to sit still. It was only because of Mallix sitting next to her in the back holding onto her did she settle down.

After another hour or so of sitting and watching the new city of lights and sound pass by, finally Kaila's eyes opened so wide they could've popped out of her head.

The taxi pulled up to an ten story building that had the exterior decorated as a replicate castle. The cobblestone walls, stained colored glass windows, and wooden drawbridge with the knights in shiny armor standing on guard around. It was like taking a trip back into a fairy tale when she saw statues of mythical creatures hiding behind different structures. Hiding behind a bush near the entrance was a Pegasus trying to sneak a bite of the apple tree near the door. Underneath the drawbridge was a little creek that circled the resort and within it there laid more statues.

Kaila was out of the taxi faster than light and looked at the different structures and fantasy's the building offered. "Stay close Kaila," Mallix yelled out to her while him and Lain were catching up with their bags.

He wrapped her arm in his as they walked on the drawbridge where the knights stood tall greeting them in.

If outside wasn't enough to make it seem like a storybook, inside was at another level. The lobby itself was decorated much like a modern day hotel lobby; but with the twist of having thrones at one end, models of knights in a fight against trolls for their kingdom, and the array of gift shops and workers who were all dressed for the part.

Kaila's eyes never left the interior design while Mallix led her over as they checked in. The worker helping them was wearing pointed ears and the brightest of blue contacts with a fantasy based hunters outfit.

"Your suite is on the tenth floor, please enjoy your stay Mr. and Mrs. Colden." The young man handed them their key card.

Eagerly Kaila tried running into the gift shops but Lain took hold of her hand. Immediately Kaila pouted and whined wanting to be able to go into the shops.

"Stop, we can go and check them out after we've put our things down and settled in." She said pushing the button to the elevator doors that had a mural of a troll.

Up on top the tenth floor the family found their suit and as soon as they entered Kaila's excitement was through the roof. She squealed running around. The entire room was themed to look like the inside of a forest home for fairies. All of the furniture was wood carved and had sparkles all along them. The sheets were green with leaves printed over them. The bathroom had a large jacuzzi big enough for everyone attached to a shower separated by a little door.

Even the walls of the room had pictures of fairies flying around, and had painted windows on some of them showing the "outside" of a forest with different mythical creatures waving through to them.

"What do you think of the room precious?" Mallix collapsed on the bed tired of the journey next to Lain as she began unpacking their things.

Kaila's eyes twinkled as she turned around squealing, "I LOVE IT!" For the next half hour the excited girl kept rambling on and on about the different things she was intrigued in.

As soon as they had unpacked all of their belongings, as promised, the small family finally began their trip downstairs to look at the different gift shops. On their way to the elevators down Kaila noticed this time the elevators had a mural of a unicorn.

"Look! A unicorn!" She jumped happily pointing around the creature causing Lain and Mallix to laugh.

"That is cutie, each floor has their own creature. And we figured that out of all of them you'd like the 'unicorn forest' floor the best." Lain smiled while Kaila's eyes never left the horned horse.

She talked out to the unicorn until the elevator doors open. "Bye bye," she waved watching the unicorn vanish behind the walls.

Mallix chuckled at his little girl as he grabbed her hand and pushed her inside the elevator with them. Back on the bottom floor Kaila was happily skipping ahead of Lain and Mallix taking a look at the details the castle had.

Something she hadn't noticed before was the other guests around her. Being too caught up by the extreme makeover this castle had, Kaila was oblivious to the large crowd of people constantly around her. Letting her nerves set in, she slowed her pace letting both Mallix and Lain catch up to her.

"What's wrong?" Lain lifted her up onto her hip seeing the sparkle in her eyes disappearing as she looked around.

At this point, Kaila didn't care that Lain was carrying her in front of everybody, she just wanted to be comforted from the loud noises all around her. She covered her ears and hid her face into the crook of the woman's neck.

"You go and look at the shop without us, I'm going to take Kaila somewhere more private to talk." Lain instructed Mallix. He nodded walking into the gift store while Lain rubbed different patterns on Kaila's back and made her way to an isolated seating area.

Unlike the rest of the castle this area looked like a typical lounging area, there were no over the top decorations or details. They were the only one sitting in the small space, the loud roar of the crowd still echoed around them, but was soft like a whisper.

"Your ok baby, mommy's got you." Lain's bounced her legs kissing the top of Kaila's head.

"Sca'y" her voice was shaking and she dropped her head into the woman's chest.

"Oh baby I know it's a little crowded today, but I promise your going to be ok. Nothings going to happen to you." Her words were strong and confident.

It helped put Kaila's mind at ease only slightly as she stayed contently laying in her hold letting her heartbeat and natural aura calm her down the rest of the way.

They had been sitting in comfortable silence for about twenty minutes before Mallix appeared around the corner with two bags in his hands.

He took a seat next to his wife putting the bags down by his feet and placed a kiss on the side of Kaila's head.

"How's she doing?" He was full of concern but Lain sent him a small smile.

"She's alright, just got a little overwhelmed by all the people. But we've got ourself a little trooper. She's doing just fine, aren't you Kaila?" Lain's tried looking down at the little girls face as she nodded.

"Well I'm glad to hear that because I may have gotten her a little something from the gift shop." His voice was full of excitement, following by the sound of ruffling through bags. "Here you go precious."

Looking up shyly Kaila spotted a silver tiara in his hands, "now you can always be a princess," he placed the crown on top of her head using his phone to show her, her reflection.

Her face lit up again before jumping onto his lap giving him a big hug. "T'anks" she told him with her cheery voice again.

"Shall we go and look at the other part of the resort now?" He asked, and Kaila happily clapped her hands and off they went.
——————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off