Chapter 95: Blue Mist

It wasn't long for everyone to regroup at the entrance. "What's wrong? We were just about to check out." Mallix asked his wife concerned seeing the still shocked look on her face.

"I'll explain later, I just don't feel safe here. Let's go." She began walking out of the mall with a sad girl in her grip.

Scared, Nina and James followed suit while Mallix took a second to look around at their surroundings making sure nobody would follow them out. Once he established the coast was clear he rushed out of the building catching up with everyone else. They quickly got into their car and began driving away.

The ride back home was filled with questions that Lain answered with anything but ease. The strange encounter justified her reasoning, even though James and Nina were still making arguments about needing only five minutes to check out.

Their way home involved driving through a long empty underpass. As the friends continued talking as normal, they were quickly caught off guard as an odd blue mist filled the underpass. "What is this?" Lain asked for everyone.

"No idea," Mallix said driving slowly through the thick fog. He was able to only see a feet ahead of them as it thickened. Meanwhile in the backseat Kaila was asleep from her hard crying, which everyone was thankful for. They didn't want the little girl freaking out over the event.

Seeing the edge of sunlight only a few more feet in front of them, Nina put her hand to her forehead feeling uneasy. "I don't feel so good."

"Me neither," Lain seconded feeling her head becoming light as the world around her began to spiral around. Everyone in the car was feeling the strange sense of nausea, including Mallix who in his daze, stepped harder on the pedal speeding out of the fog.

Finally in the clear air, everyone was too fazed out to notice a black van waiting for them. The car came to a stop when they heard a loud pop and air leaving their tires at a fast rate. Loud shouting and noises were quick to filled their heads. "Get out!" A mans voice called into the car as all their doors were forced open with crowbars.

Unaware of the situation everyone stumbled to find their footing being partially tossed out of their seats by several men gathering around. Both Lain and Mallix could barely focus on what was going on, it wasn't until an all too familiar shriek sent them out of their hazy minds. Still physically feeling the affects of the toxic gas, their minds we're starting to clear.

With slightly better vision both of them could see two men the size of boulders lifting Kaila from her car seat with ease, pulling her out of the vehicle. Anger fuming inside him, Mallix manage all the strength he could find to steady his shaky legs over to the men heading for the black van.

The scene was horrendous. The attacking squad of men all dressed in black surrounding the group had managed to snatch Nina up as well. They would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for Lain jumping onto the man's back. The two women battling it out, his strong grip barely releasing Nina's shirt material. No matter where Mallix turned his head, James was no where in sight. Instead all he saw was men already in the black van looking tiredsome.

Figuring they already scooped up James, he was not about to let his little girl be added to the mix. Catching up just in time he managed to headlock one and kick the other in his manhood. "Kaila, RUN!" He yelled to her as he struggled to keep the other men distracted.

Kaila's head was fuzzy but not nearly as bad as the others. She was still capable of controlling her body and her mind, yet she stood frozen. Unable to move, feeling pressure as if the fate of the entire world was on her shoulders.

The only reason she was able to manage her feet away from all the commotion was from being forced. Following without looking, Kaila found herself running away from Mallix into the surrounding area of nature. Looking up she saw Lain and Nina each holding onto one of her arms, carrying her as far as they could.

Although, as tough as Mallix was. One man standing against an entire van load of body builders he soon fell victim to the group of maniacs.

Lain and Nina looked back seeing a handful of men all in pursuit of them. They were running up and around trees and boulders, trying their hardest to lose the group. Finally seeing no one in sight, they stopped letting themselves take a well deserved breathe. They had been running for the past half hour nonstop, they needed to catch their breathe before they'd be caught.

Which proved to be their downfall when men emerged from behind the trees. In a panic Lain and Nina sloppily gripped hold of Kaila and began sprinting yet again, paying attention to the distance between them and their chasers.

"Ahh!" Kaila screamed causing the two women to throw their heads forwards, where they saw what she was yelling at. There was a large boulder, taller than them only a few feet ahead, along with a rather long cliff behind it.

Running too fast of a speed to stop, Lain and Kaila felt themselves collide into the boulder causing them to knock back onto the hard dirt ground.

Unfortunately for Nina, the rock wasn't long enough to reach where she was. Instead of colliding with the rock and falling backwards, she ran straight off the cliff, plummeting a few feet down. While not enough to kill her, it was still long enough to break her ankle, and knock her out seeing as she hit her head hard against the floor.

Up top the cliff, Kaila kicked and screamed watching a man lift Lain's unconscious body off the ground with leaves and twigs in her hair. "Stop!" She shrieked when the remaining three men surrounded her. She tried to fight them off as best as she could, but given her small structure and their twitching muscular body's, she was no match.

All it took was one swing and Kaila was tossed over one of their broad shoulders. Packing up the van, the remaining men cleaned up the scene before taking their leave. Leaving not a single trail behind. Not scuff marks of the tires, not blood from their fights, and not a single sign of a struggle. Yet, there were two major factors they were sloppy with their cleaning with.
———————————————————————————
Well...aren't they in quite the predicament. Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off