Chapter 18: Christmas Surprise

The entire ride home, Kaila's cry's were heard only as whimpers. Her tear filled eyes started becoming heavy and soon she was fast asleep in her car set.

Both Lain and Mallix sighed finally having some peace and quiet. Looking back, they smiled with a sense of accomplishment. There were making some progress with Kaila, slow progress yes, but still progress nonetheless.

Once they got home Kaila was still out. Mallix grabbed the bags in while Lain carefully took the small girl into the house and laid her down into her crib. She placed the warm fluffy blanket over her and kissed the top of her head before walking away leaving the door slightly open.

Hours later, Kaila started waking up from her nap, but her eyes had been sealed shut. She had cried herself to sleep and the extra water caused her eyes to stay shut. She whined not being able to open her eyes like she wanted, but was even more confused when she realized something was in her mouth.

She didn't know exactly what it was but it sure was soft and chewy. Moments later Mallix walked into the room looking pleased at his baby girl. "Good morning precious, did you have a nice nap?" She heard him drop the gate before lifting her up onto his hip.

She whined again still unable to open her eyes. "Help" she pleaded pointing to her eyes feeling herself becoming anxious with her lost sense.

"Oh no that can't be fun, let's go wash your face." A large hand led her head onto a soft shoulder, she rested there as they walked out of the nursery and into a nearby bathroom.

Using a wash cloth and warm water, Mallix cleaned off Kaila's face. He watched as her eyes tore open allowing her to see again. "Better?" He asked kissing her head.

He stood in place rocking her back and forth bouncing her slightly. The small girl laid her head back down on his shoulder before she looked at herself in the mirror.

Now she knew what was going on, 'a-a p-pacifier...'

"Yes baby that is a paci," Mallix answered. She hadn't even noticed she said that out loud. "Isn't it soft." He encouraged seeing her skin fade a few shades lighter as she became nervous.

She shook her head aggressively, she didn't like it...but she did. She went to spit it out, but as it was about to fall out of her mouth, she pouted. She had grown rather fond of the item she had been sucking on.

Unknowingly taking it right back into her mouth continuing to softly suckle away on it. Mallix held her closer to his chest as he swayed the small girl while he walked downstairs.

The entire house had changed from the last time she remembered seeing it. The clean and intricate designs that once filled the entire home, now still was neatly made but different christmas decorations filled the place. Many of which Kaila had picked out earlier that day.

Inside the living room Lain was putting up one final touch. In the corner of the room she set up a small play set. It had an interactive radio and little elves that bobbled around. Kaila hadn't seen that before.

"Look who's up." Mallix announced putting Kaila down onto the ground despite her whines, and closed the baby gate behind him.

Lain had to force herself to hold in an awe. "Come here baby," she took a seat next to the new play set patted her lap for Kaila to come over.

Kaila looked behind seeing Mallix encourage her over, so she did. She started walking over to Lain hearing praises from both of them as soon as she made it all the way. They clapped their hands and seemed so surprised that she could walk a few feet on her own.

"Good job baby, that was such a long journey and you made all by yourself. What a big girl you are," Lain said kissing the top of the small girls nose.

The affection made Kaila slightly red but she quickly pushed past it as Lain turned her over to face her new play set. "F-or me" she lisped around the pacifier.

"Of course it is cutie," the woman smiled before taking one of Kaila's hands and moving it over to the small radio on the play set. On top of the radio sat a small dial that Lain used Kaila's hand to turn.

Some static came out before, "hello, hello. This is Jingles, one of Santa's elves. What's your name?" The static returned cutting the high pitched elf out.

Everyone in the room smiled and Kaila giggled lightly at the cute saying.

She looked up at Lain who only said, "she asked what's your name was cutie."

Turning back to it Kaila replied, "m- na-e Kaila" she said around the pacifier in her mouth. Lain didn't hold back anymore, she fully let out her coo down at the small girl. Mallix didn't take long to do the same. "You are just the cutest little thing ever" he said from behind Lain. She didn't even see he was sitting with them.

Kaila didn't have much time to respond as Jingles came back on the radio. "Thats a wonderful name. Say have you been a good girl this year?" Again static followed waiting for a reply.

Without thinking Kaila simply nodded her head, before she turned around seeing the couple laughing at her. "I don't think the elf can see you precious."

Her mouth widened realizing, "I b- go-d g-rl" she told Jingles. Again after a few seconds of a pause more static came on and so did Jingles high pitched voice returned, "wonderful, I'll make sure to tell santa all about that..."

Someone else could he heard in the background. A woman's voice no doubt but what she was saying was unclear with all the static. Seemed like something about cookies. "Yes Mrs. Clause I'm coming, gotta go." Jingles responded one last time before the entire radio turned to pure static.

Kaila giggled at the cute message that played and clapped her hands, amused with what was going on. "Santa!" She exclaimed happily to the couple who were looking at her lovingly.

"It was Santa's wife cutie, but you'll see him soon I hope." Lain's said softly on the verge of tears. Mallix wrapped his arms around her waist kissing her cheek.

"W-at w-ong?" Kaila asked nervously, she feared she had done something wrong.

Lain shook her head, "nothing baby, I'm just happy your so excited and here with us. This is going to be the best Christmas ever." She picked up Kaila into her lap as all three of them enjoyed a family hug.

The moment ruined as Mallix whispered something into Lain's ear. "Even better than our first Christmas together, don't you remember what happened." He kissed her neckline.

She loved the feeling but pushed away when Kaila looked up, "really babe, not now" she scolded.

Kaila already knew what was going on, she was close enough to hear Mallix's whisper. She blushed and covered her eyes with her hands in Lain's lap.

"Look, you scared the poor thing babe. Go get her a bottle and blanket please." Lain ordered walking up onto the couch getting comfy with Kaila in her lap still.

She snuggled up close to the taller woman's body feeling the sense of security she provided, and the sweet smell of her perfume she loved.

Mallix returned a few minutes later with the requested items, he tossed the blanket over both Kaila and Lain while passing the bottle over.

"Want to do it?" Lain's asked instead of taking it. She knew her husband would love to be able to feed Kaila, but feared being denied by the small girl.

Seeing as she was more comfortable around them now, Lain asked. His eyes lit up and he sat down letting Lain pass Kaila over. She whined as her warmth was gone, but she soon realized Mallix was just as nice. He didn't have that sweet soft perfume Lain had, but rather a more muscular and wooden smell from his cologne.

When she felt the soft object being taken from her mouth, she pouted. He eased the bottle up to her lips and when Kaila accepted it, he sighed in relief. She snuggled up against him as Lain scooted over with the blanket helping support her head.

The sweet taste of the milk was delicious. Kaila was confused as to what it was but loved the taste regardless.

The small girl could hear Lain sniffle from time to time behind her. She looked up and saw the couple kissing one another. She quickly looked away nuzzling her head against Mallix's strong chest.
——————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off