Chapter 63: Interruption

As soon as Lain woke up and joined her happy family, they all began to make their way over to the park where they once again had a day full of fun.

Kaila and Mallix were running along on all the bigger rides that would otherwise give Lain the biggest of headaches. With this free time she stopped to look through the gift shops spoiling her little girl.

By the time the sun was setting they started their journey up to the top of a castle tower that overlooked the entire park.

Inside Mallix had booked them a special dinner reservation that involved music, lights, and their very own five star meal.

While Lain and Mallix both appreciated the hard work and dedication it took from the servers and the chefs to create the masterpiece in front of them, Kaila was sitting on the edge of her seat scourging the food down from her messy hands.

"Slow down baby before you choke, the foods not running away." Lain smiled while she wiped her face and hands clean putting a fork in front of her. "And use that why don't you, that way you won't be so messy."

Kaila smiled revealing the food stuck in between her teeth while the couple cracked up laughing while she confusedly look at them. "Keep eating, well clean you up later" Mallix muttered out after catching his breathe.

Dinner was held over a long conversation about their time together, while still short lived it was proceeding with high expectations.

After tipping the band and thanking the staff, the small family walked hand in hand back to their suite. As soon as they stepped out of the elevators Mallix's phone began to ring from his back pocket.

"I'll catch up with you," he signaled them to meet him in the room while he checked down to see Nina's name bolded across the top of the screen.

Thinking nothing of it, he decided to put it away and began to walk back to his room. Only to once again be stopped in his path by yet another ring of his phone and a loud shriek coming from down the hall.

He already knew he was in for a treat when the shriek sounded too familiar. He ignored the call as he was wanting to check on Kaila first, he was passing by the other suites in the hall until he turned up right outside of his own. He went to swipe the key when his phone ring for the third and final time.

Rolling his eyes in annoyance he walked into his room only to hear Lain's phone now ringing on the bedside table near their king size bed. "Is it Nina?" He asked annoyingly dropping the key down on the counter.

"Yeah, how'd you know?" She peaked over seeing for herself Nina's name bolded across the screen.

"She tried calling me, but I'll get back to her after our trip. Right now I just want to be able to focus on you guys." He sweetly walked over to her and kissed his wife's cheek.

"What if it's important?"

"It probably isn't anything that important with Nina calling. I swear the girl thinks that running out of her favorite chocolate and needing someone to run to the store to get it for her is important." He assured his wife who only gave him a concerned look.

"Don't worry about it, I'll call her tomorrow morning if that makes you feel better. Where's Kaila by the way?" He looked around seeing the room empty besides a little lump near the corner of the wall huddled into herself. He turned to look at his wife lost.

"Someone decided that the second the door closes its okay to scream out loud and have a party. And then after a warning and still wanting to be loud she's now found herself with some corner time to reflect why it isn't polite to yell this late at night when there's others around trying to sleep." Lain shot her head towards Kaila and spun her finger around.

Mallix turned back seeing Kaila timidly looking at them before hiding back towards the wall. Lain rolled her eyes and sighed putting her attention back to her husband. Quietly the couple got ready for bed while Kaila finished in the corner.

The night was long, Kaila was kicking in her sleep muttering things aloud. Both Lain and Mallix eventually found themselves scattered around the room trying to block out her noise and get some sleep.

By the time the sun was up dark bags were under both of their eyes looking tiredly at one another.

Kaila sat up on the bed and stretched her limbs feeling the two empty spaces besides her. Without a thought she began whining for them to return to their proper spaces on the bed besides her.

Like sloths they made their way up embracing Kaila in between them. She curled up hiding her face away into Lain's chest, letting her be the small spoon to Mallix.

While Kaila was breathing contently to herself, she broke out of her relaxing state of sleep upon hearing a loud snore behind her.

Mallix was knocked out cold, even as she tapped his chin and called his name he was still as a rock. As for Lain, she muttered and rolled but to no avail. Kaila couldn't do anything to wake the woman up either.

Kaila could've laid there without another thought until Mallix's phone began to ring and vibrate on the counter. She peaked over to the duo checking to see if one of them was going to wake up and go check it, but seeing as how deep into sleep they were—there was no way they were getting up anytime soon.

Moving like a snake out of their grasp, Kaila was now free of their hold walking over to the now still phone. She tapped the screen and watched as Nina's name showed under missed calls.

The small girl shined with excitement even though the last time she saw Nina didn't end on the highest of notes, the tall beauty still held a spot in the little girls heart.

She happily picked it up and turned back to give it to Mallix before it began ringing again. But the shaking of the phone and seeing Nina's picture filled her with joy she couldn't wait to hand it to him.

Upon pressing the green button Kaila held the phone to her ear happiness already filling her head.
———————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off