Chapter 60: Return Of A Fairy

"I'm going back out to find her!" Lain shouted throwing her hands up as her husband moved his body in front of hers blocking the door.

"Babe you know that's not going to do any good! The resort security said the parks closed! We can't go back to look for her anymore! We already spent all afternoon and she wasn't there! We've just got to let them do their sweep of the place, they said they'll tell us if they see her!"

"It's already dark out! What if she's scared or hungry or cold! I can't just sit here knowing my baby needs me! I don't understand how you can, don't you care!"

His eyes were beaming red with fury, "how could you say that! Of course I care about her! You think I'm not having a hard time restricting myself from going down there and breaking into the park so I can look for her myself! I want her safe with us just as much as you do!"

"Then come with me and let's go find her then! Who knows what could've happe-" Lain was shouting back before they were both interrupted by a knock on the door.

Gleaming with hope they ran and opened the door letting their hearts melt as Kaila walked in falling into their embrace. Mallix carried her in before they all collapsed on the bed crying their eyes out.

"What happened?! Where did you go?!" Lain asked concerned for her little girls whereabouts for the past few hours.

"I...I went on the ride...and then you guys were gone...and I tried looking for you...and I ended up on the wrong floor." She sobbed out clingy even tighter to their arms that were wrapped around her.

"That's where you were! The entire time we thought you wandered away on your own, or worse we thought someone took you!" Mallix half yelled at her, upset with where she had gone, but didn't want to push things further seeing how distressed she was.

"I'm sorry" she sank further into their arms realizing the pain she's caused them from her mistake.

"Don't ever scare us again like that Kaila! We thought you left us! We were so terrified of what happened to you!" Lain sobbed into Kaila's ear as she just wanted to be close to the small girl.

Their crying and heart ache took all night to heal as they all passed out snuggled closely to one another on the bed.

As morning arrived so did an extremely mentally exhausted Mallix. Last night took its toll on him as he groggily got up and hopped into the shower. By the time he came out Lain was sitting on the bed feeling Kaila a bottle in her lap.

"What happened?" He asked concerned seeing the fresh tear drops falling from Kaila's eyes.

"She had a nightmare. But she's going to be all better now. We just had a very important talk about why it's crucial she stays by our sides at all times, didn't we baby," Lain kissed her forehead while she nodded softly.

"This certainly wasn't the way I was expecting our first proper trip to start, but at least nothing bad happened." He got dressed and sat next to them on the bed holding out a map of the resort and amusement park. "So I've already booked us a reservation for lunch, which isn't until...another four hours so until then I was thinking we could grab something small from the shop downstairs for breakfast and stop here," he only held the map for Lain's eyes to see what he pointed at.

Her smile multiplied before looking down at Kaila with sweet eyes.

"Perfect, then once we're done with lunch we can stop for the little show in the lobby to give Kaila time to rest before we head over to the park for the rest of the day. Which we should also get dinner there since it'll more than likely be late when we're done and the shops will be closed."

"You planned everything! Usually that's my job." Lain laughed and had a hint of surprise at her husbands busy work getting everything organized for the day.

He rolled his eyes at her, "were only here for three days so I'm sorry I want to make the most of our time here." He ended off laughing.

Down below Kaila could see the love in their eyes as they laughed at each other. It was new for her to see just how much in love two people were for one another. She nudged her head slightly into Lain's side causing them both to look down at her.

That same loving look never left their eyes as their focus changed. The passion the duo had for the small girl were indescribable as they both kissed her face.

Finally after her bottle and the both Kaila and Lain got themselves ready for the day, they were off down to the shop to pick up a little food for the day. They sat on a bench in the lobby eating away at their 'breakfast' which contained mainly of coffee, burritos, and a yogurt with fruit.

"All done?" Kaila nodded letting Mallix take her empty yogurt cup and disposed of it.

"Alright let's get going now," Lain and Mallix each held one of Kaila's hands as she was happily being swung around by them.

"Where are we going?" She asked once they got into the elevator and instead of going either up to their room or to the floor where the entrance of the park was, they were going to a new floor.

"It's a surprise," Mallix put his finger to hips lips and Lain locked hers and threw the key away while Kaila giggled at her.

The doors opened and eager to see what floor they were on Kaila looked at the elevator doors seeing the mural of an elf waving hello. She chuckled waving back to it before looking around.

Unlike the lobby that only had a few gift shops and places to look at, this floor was the mother load of it all. There were restaurants, an arcade, a spa, but one thing that caught Kaila's attention was a little parlor place with a gold and pink door to enter.

Curious as it was she tried to go and check it out but as soon as her hands were about to let go of the couples, they only squeezed tighter to her hands. She pouted at them before being met with a look that she knew meant: not after the mess you made yesterday.

Luckily for her that pink and gold door were the exact place the couple took her. Inside looked like a spa but the employees all dressed up like fairy godmothers and had magic wands.

"Welcome guests, what can I do for you today?" The lady in a blue gown lightly made her way to them waving the wand at Kaila seeing her eyes never leaving the toy.

"She's got an ultimate package," Mallix explained without needing to get any further as the woman in blue swept Kaila away from them into a back room already knowing what to do.

Lain and Mallix laughed as they sat on the waiting chairs for another three and a half hours before the woman in blue danced out of the room.

"It is with my pleasure and great honor to welcome our newest fairy...Kaila." She had energy and passion for her work as she directed their gaze towards the newly dressed and glamorized girl who walked out of the room.

They looked at her in awe seeing the brightest of smiles on her face as she twirled around in her new pink gown with glitter all over it. Her hair had been thrown up into a high ponytail with a sparkling bow to top it off with her make up and heels. But for Kaila the most exciting part of the transformation was the new wand she got to keep.

"Don't you look beautiful," Lain admires pulling Kaila I'm closer to get a better look while Mallix went with the woman in blue to pay for the service.

"Was that fun?" He asked grabbing hold of Kaila's hand as they walked out of the parlor.

She nodded beginning to ramble on about all the excitement that went on while the woman helped Kaila get herself ready. Checking the time on his watch Mallix saw they only had a few minutes before their reservation, 'perfect timing' he thought to himself as he led his family there not wanting to interrupt Kaila's happy moment.
———————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off