Chapter 80: Confession

The red in his eyes and steam coming from his ears disappeared, he was left with his soft eyes that looked at her with sympathy.

"How do you know that?" He asked inching closer scared that she was going to hate him.

"I...I heard you guys. I woke up last night and overheard you talking downstairs about your new hearing today." She confessed wanting to get everything off her chest at this point.

Not only was he regretting his decisions, but he just wanted to hold his little girl and make her feel like everything was going to get better. Inching even closer to her still shaking body he sat down on the floor opening his arms.

She hesitantly unwrapped her legs before throwing herself to him. As much as he scared her sometimes she knew he wouldn't do her harm. His muscular arms masked as a border from everything attacking her.

He rested his chin on the top of her rubbing her back and kissing her head letting her finish crying it out.

As the sobs subsided, he wiped her face with this thumb. Brushing the hairs stuck to her wet face out of the way, and sat her up to look him in the eyes. "Precious I'm sorry you had to hear that, but you know it wasn't fair for you to eavesdrop like that. We didn't want you knowing for a reason. You aren't just some object, your my little girl. That's why mommy and I are doing everything in our power to make sure you get to stay here."

His soft words only made her cry harder into his chest. His polo shirt for the hearing was now covered in tears, he carefully took it off and used the fabric to wipe away the fresh tears.

Feeling the warmth of his body, Kaila leaned in placing her ear against his chest. Listening to the rushing best of his heart, it only made her more anxious. But she could feel his breathing and his touch, he was playing with the ends of her head allowing her to calm down.

"Your alright Kaila, you should've said something sooner instead of locking yourself away into the bathroom and yelling." His voice was one of caring, he held her close to his chest letting his mind settle and his heart rate slow down.

Finally she could hear the soothing rhythmic pattern of the beats, along with the masculine smell she had settled into his embrace.

"That's better." He said with a hint of victory in his voice as Kaila's tense and shaking body relaxed. "Now I'm sorry I gave you a small spanking but you know better then to hit things and then ignore me when I ask you questions."

He stood up lifting her onto his hip not daring to take her away from the sweet comfort she was getting. The entire way downstairs he let her rest her body against his bare chest seeing the two women nervously talking amongst themselves.

All sound vanished as they appeared, Lain looked at her husband worried. He sent her a small smile and sat on the couch letting Kaila straddle him. Her head not once left his chest. The sound of his heart held the power to ease her mind.

Lain scooted closer to them resting her hand on Kaila's back. She rubbed her hand up and down tracing different patterned in between. "I'll get her a bottle." Nina stood and walked away towards the kitchen.

When she returned she handed the couple the desired item and decided to give them their space, disappeared once again this time upstairs.

Mallix tried to pry Kaila off his body to feed her the bottle but she refused to move. She whined and fussed the more he tried to pull her away to lay on his lap. "Only for a second precious, then you can sit back up." He calmly told her stroking her face.

Finally giving in she allowed him to position her on his lap. He put the bottle up to her lips letting her latch on and suckle away on its contents. The sweet liquid was addicting, and in a time like this she craved it. It wasn't long before the entire bottle was empty.

Lain took the empty bottle and put it to the side while Mallix lifted Kaila back up and went to rest her back against his chest. Before she could touch his skin again she whined tugging away at her shirt.

"No baby that stays on." Lain's looked at her, but the look she received was convincing. Kaila had big eyes and a sad lip tugging away at her clothes.

Sighing she looked towards her husband who nodded in agreement. Helping her out of her shirt, Lain sat back watching as Kaila and Mallix enjoyed some skin to skin contact.

The small family remained this way for the next two hours before Lain glanced at the clock. The hearing was only in an hour. "Babe, we've got to go soon."

He looked up and sighed at the clock before looking down to see Kaila had fallen asleep on his chest. They both took extreme measures to make sure she didn't wake up. As long as she stayed asleep they would have no problem leaving.

They gently put her down in her crib and shut her door to a crack. Mallix ran off to their room to get a new shirt for the hearing while Lain went to fill Nina in.

"We'll be back in hopefully an hour, she should be out for another two hours maybe more since she was crying so hard earlier...oh and she also had another bottle waiting in the fridge if she needs one...and she's got-"

"I've got it L, just focus on the hearing. Leave Kaila to me. I've gotten rather good at handling her if I do say so myself." She popped her imaginary collar before breaking into quiet laughter.

"Alright I'm ready," Mallix appeared behind his wife. "Good luck," Nina waved them off as they left for their fate with destiny.

Three hours passed since they had left and not much had changed. Kaila was still asleep and Nina was sitting in Lain's office getting some work for herself done. She was sending out emails and designing new material.

She went to take a sip of her water when she heard the garage door open. Rushing downstairs she saw her friends walking in hand in hand with so much joy and pleasure on their face.

"Tell me the good news!" She squealed needing them to confirm their victory.

"Well..." Lain slid over to Nina looked at her with suspicious eyes and a playful tone before glancing at her husband. He locked eyes with her giving her a look to do what she wants.

Digging into her purse Lain pulled out a manilla envelope and handed it over to her friend. Excitedly she began opening the package as Mallix stepped closer holding his wife's hand looking at her with love in his eyes.

Taking one look at the first document inside Nina gasped covering her mouth as a tear slipped out.
——————————————————————————
Let me know what you think they got. Thanks Lexx signing off