Chapter 51: Family Fun

Coming back from their hike and shirt picnic afterwards the car ride home was full of nothing but laughter and smiles. Everyone felt right in place. Lain and Mallix were more determined than ever. Their Kaila wasn't going anywhere, not if they could help it.

Getting back inside the house Mallix and Kaila headed to the top floor getting a bathe ready for the small girl. Lain was in charge of putting away all the stuff they took with them.

Upstairs Mallix had told Kaila to grab her jammies while he got her a warm bathe full of bubbles ready. She dashed in tossing her freshly picked outfit onto the counter and over to him as he helped remove her dirt and grass covered clothes.

Both him and Lain made a mental note that day, bring Kaila an extra change of clothes all the time.

"In you go precious," he lifted her up setting her down in the tub. Over her time here Kaila had grown accustomed to this new routine. She was enjoying the company and enjoyment she got out of it. While at first she was hesitant to allow herself to be this open with these people, their adoration and true care for the poor girl came through.

She sat there giggling as she played with the bubbles, popping them, clapping at them, and watched as a few of them even made their way out towards Mallix. Every time one did he would do the same trick, using his soapy covered hand he would grab the bubble bringing it close to Kaila's mouth and telling her to make a wish on it.

And every time Kaila never spilled what she was wished for before poking the bubble watching as it explode away.

After some relaxing play time in the bathe Mallix began to properly wash her and was quick to dry her off and place the new clothes onto her body. "Now I don't have to worry about a silly girl getting mud all over my floors," he laughed lighting tapping her bottom, "go wait for daddy outside."

She nodded running out while he cleaned her mess. Somehow she always managed to get half of the water out of the tub and drenching his pants, which he forgot to roll up.

He sighed taking them off walking out of the bathroom seeing Kaila happily bouncing on her toes at the gate ready to see Lain. She turned around blushing when Mallix was left in his underwear.

He laughed seeing how red she got before grabbing a pair of basketball shorts from his room and throwing them on. "Much better," he chuckled grabbing Kaila and walked down the steps to Lain.

On the screen in the living room she already had a musical playing with blankets and pillows all around. "Mommy!" Kaila giggled out jumping into her arms.

One thing was for sure, the couple were loving how she adapted to everything. She was barely fighting them anymore on anything and started accepting her role here with them. No longer did they have to fear that she would leave them, they knew she understood what she meant to them. And now they just had to wait until the day she could return those feelings to them.

They all snuggled up on the couch being smushed my the mound of blankets Lain had gotten ready for them. As they watched the musical Kaila would dance around with that pretending like she was in the act.

The spent the entire afternoon this way until finally it was time for a little girl to go to bed. She was sad to see them shut down the living room and clean up before getting upstairs to their room.

Lain was left alone in her room while Mallix was helping Kaila with her nightly routine. She pulled out her phone running through emails when she heard a small patter of footsteps heading towards her room. She looked up into the doorway seeing Kaila standing there playing with her fingers.

"Come on," Mallix soon appeared behind guiding her into their room towards Lain. With some help from the tall woman she got on the bed and instantly crawled under the blankets getting comfortable.

"What is this? Shouldn't you be in bed?" Lain kissed her baby's cheek.

"She said she wanted to sleep in here tonight, also I figured now is a good time to remind her about tomorrow." He got in on the right side of Kaila.

Nodding her head Lain put her phone down turning to face their sleepy girl. "Hey baby before you sleep let's talk first." She waited for Kaila to turn onto her back and open her eyes tiredly at the couple.

"Do you know what tomorrow is baby?" Mallix asked rubbing circles on her tummy while she shook her head.

"Well...tomorrow your going to go have some fun with your Aunt Nina at her boutique. She said she's really excited for you to come and she's got plenty of activities planned." Lain tried you hype the day up.

"What bout you guys?" They gleamed down at her as she put out her pouty lip.

"We have that important meeting precious. Now close your eyes, you'll need all the enegery you can get if your spending a day with your Aunt Nina." Mallix laughed.

Kaila blinked slowly watching his lips move with a sleepy stare. "Good night cutie," Lain pressed a gentle kiss onto her nose watching as Kaila closed her eyes smiling only to open them to another kiss from Mallix on her cheek.

It wasn't long for the silent room to be filled by the echoing sound of Kaila's soft snoring in between the couple as they continued talking amongst themselves.

Mainly discussing all the important business matter they had coming their way tomorrow.

"Are you ready babe," Mallix asked reaching over Kaila's slump body putting his hand on his wife's tense shoulder.

All the stress and pressure finally surfacing as she shook her head nearly erupting into tears right there, "what if we don't win," his heart dropped hearing those words.

"We will win, we've got the proof that shows Kaila wasn't in the best of households and when she gives her statement I don't see any other way things can play out." He assured.

"That's if she even gives the statement," Lain groaned out getting stressed over the entire meeting.

"She's going to give it, after what Alex threatened to charge her with is going to be enough to get her to confess it all."

"How can you be so sure of all of this?" Lain looked up at him with soft eyes trying her best to hold in her tears not wanting to wake Kaila.

"I'm not sure babe...but I have hope." His eyes were full of love and compassion, and the smile he sent her way held the power to help her stiff body relax, and for her battle against tears to end.

Together they snuggled closely to their sleeping baby and let their worried eyes close, tomorrow was certainly going to be an eventful day.
——————————————————————————-
Let me know how you think their hearings going to go. Thanks Lexx signing off