Mall shenanigans

Ages;

Damian--18

Tim--15

Jason--12

Dick--10

Dick lingered by the display at the front of Old Navy. Due to reasons that don't require explanation, Tim's entire Wardrobe ha been set on fire. Because, as Jason so eloquently put it; "You can't hide in the closet now." 

The young boy was bored out of his wits, Tim didn't even need a new wardrobe, he wore the same pyjama pants and zip up hoodie every day. Dick began wandering out of the storefront. For a second he felt kinda guilty about ditching, then he remembered that he was 10 years old, certainly old enough to walk around a mall on his own while his brothers shopped to replace a whole wardrobe of clothes. 

 Dick meandered across to Bath and Bodyworks and sniffed the candles on the display. He couldn't help but smirk, remembering how Roy joked that scented candles are a gateway drug. After going through a series of sickly sweet candles, Dick moved on to window shop elsewhere. 

He saw the Hot Topic that Jason always spent like forty minutes in, he always brought his little brother in with him, even though Dick was seriously intimidated by the store. It was far too edgy for a ten year old, but angsty preteen Jason refused to let babysitting ruin his aesthetic.

Dick swerved on the thoroughfare to walk on the opposite side from Hot Topic, watching a teen girl with a choker, blue hair, and fishnet leggings chatting on the phone outside the titular storefront. Dick next headed down the huge, wide, hall. hoping that he wouldn't be stopped by some security guard asking where his parents were. He saw a perfect next stop, the huge Barnes and Nobles. The store was so big and popular it had washrooms, a Starbucks, and two floors. The boy entered and began exploring through the maze of tall book shelves, on the second floor was his ultimate destination; Middle-grade and young adult section.

He emerged for a second in a near the checkout to check the time when he heard someone call his name.

"Dick!" He turned abruptly to face the entrance to see Tim rushing towards him, the two more hot headed brothers on his heels. "God, where'd you go? You can't just disappear, we were worried!" Tim held his brother in a rib crushing hug. Dick felt himself blush a little, and the eye's of bystanders linger on them for a second before moving on. He was kind of embarrassed by his brothers making a scene.

"We'll be leaving now, if you'll stay within arms reach for five minutes." Damian scolded, grabbing his arm and leading him out. "-and no, Todd, we won't stop at your Gothic fandom store."