Do You Love Me? (Jason)

-This is set before Dick joins the family-

Ages

Tim - 14

Jason - 10

Tim sighed, tapping his keys busily, this comparison essay was due tomorrow morning, and he hadn't been able to work on it thanks to a stake out the previous night.

He felt a tugging on his flannel sleeve. 

"Yeah, Jay -hey shouldn't you be in your room?"

Jason had gotten in trouble at school yet again that morning; some kid was saying some 'mean shit' to him (He didn't want to specify), and Jason smacked the kid's head into a locker.

"Do you love me?"

Tim paused his audio book and pulled out his earbuds. "Yeah, you're basically my brother. Why?" Jason had only been living there for a few months.

"Do you pity me?"

That came completely out of left field and slapped Tim across the face.

"Not  really."

"What does 'not really' mean?"

"Well... No. Do you want me to?"

"No." Jason silently sat on his brother's bed. "Do you think Bruce pities me?"

Tim shrugged. "I really don't know."

Jason stopped asking questions for a few minutes, thinking. "Why do you think Bruce adopted me?"

Tim took in a slow breath, things were beginning to click in his head. He chose his words carefully. "I think Bruce saw that you needed help, and he knew how that felt, so... he thought he could help you."

"So he did feel bad for me." Jason spat, laying on his back on Tim's bed. "That's why he took me in. He felt back for me."

"Well..." Tim didn't know how to get out of this without backtracking. "I think that feeling bad for you is what drew him to you at first, but he liked you. He wouldn't have legally adopted you if he didn't like you." 

"Didn't he hate Demon at first?"

"Well that's different; Damian is genetically Bruce's kid, that he didn't know he had. It wasn't that he hated him, he was just surprised, and scared; he hadn't had a kid before." Tim turned in his chair to gauge Jason's reaction.

"Does Bruce love me?"

"Oh course!"

"Okay."

"Jason?" Tim asked, walking over to sit next to Jason on his bed. "Does this have anything to do with this afternoon?"

"No-well, yeah, kinda." Jason shrugged, not looking at Tim. "Jake-the asshole- walked up and said I was a Druggie that was taken in cause Bruce felt bad for me and I'm basically just stealing money and selling shit downtown to but meth." Once he'd started speaking, everything just spilled out from him like an overflowing glass. He spoke like someone much older than him, the again, he'd had to grow up very quickly.

Tim was reeling. "WHAT?"

"This is why I didn't want to tell you." Jason groaned, rolling onto his side. "You always freak out."

"Sorry, but- How long has this been happening?"

Jason furrowed his brow, thinking. "Since I started I guess."

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"Because," Jason firmly propped himself up. "I didn't grow up in a position where I need to tell people how vulnerable I am." He said it mockingly, but Tim could tell there was truth to what he said. "I don't need to share my feelings, I just need a baseball bat." 

"Well, right now, things aren't like they were back then. When your immediate needs are taken care of, and your living with other people, then you need  to share your emotions, to keep the peace."

"Fuck the peace."

"Jay," Tim reached out but Jason flinched away. "You act like you don't care, but I know you don't like hurting us. It hurts us when we see you hurting." Jason didn't answer. "We care about you, and not because we pity you. Okay?"

"Yeah."

"Now, I have a paper to write. So run back to you're room before you get in trouble, okay?"

"Okay."

"Goodnight Jason."

"G'night, Tim."

 -Hey Guys, what would you like me to do for our big part 50?-

  *Damian's first time meeting Tim

  *Robin falls asleep during a league meeting and have a nightmare

  *Everyone's reaction to Jay's "resurrection"

  *Team meets bat bros

  *De-aged Robin trash 

 -Comment your vote-