Sneaking Out... Almost (An Anthology)

This is an anthology, so it's a series of short stories about each brother. Some may be longer than others. Lemme know if you like this style and want more.

Damian (Age 13, Brother(s): 9)

Damian knew every creak in the stairwell, he knew where he needed to crawl on the banister, he could open the baby-locks on the windows; this should be easy. His own bedroom wasn't ideal for sneaking out, but he knew whose bedroom was. He inched along the walls of the hallway on the balls of his feet to Tim's room. Damian was experienced, an ex-assassin (Going through intensive anonymous  therapy) was expert at flitting through the dark without being seen. Bruce wouldn't let Tim have a lock on his door until he was fifteen, and Tim was nervous enough to leave the door slightly ajar so if he needed to he could get help. This made Damian's job easier; gently pushing the door open, just big enough for him to squeeze through.

left, right ,left, right-

The floor creaked. he lighted his foot and began feeling around for a silent piece of floor. To get to the window, He'd have to practically crawl over Tim Drake's body and haul the window open. He approached the bed, Everything was silent. He leaped silently over the bed, his eye's trained on the boy on the bed.

A terrified moan emanated from Tim Drake's body. Damian froze, staring intently at him.

"-Damian?" His shaky voice murmured. "Please-tell me that's-" He trailed off, shaking intensely, he was near tears of terror. Damian had no clue how long he'd been awake, watching someone break into his bedroom and silently jump over his bed. Tim was surely about to call for help, then where would Damian be? Fucking-trouble is where.

"Yes. It is me."

"What're you doing?" The younger practically yelled.

"Shut up, Drake. I'm just using your window to get onto the roof."

"Why?"

"Don't ask me." He dodged the question. 

"...can you show me how to get onto the roof?"

Damian shrewdly squinted at him. "Maybe another time, if you don't tell Bruce."

They both kept their promises.

Tim (age: 14, Brothers; 17, 11 , 8)

Whenever Tim had trouble sleeping (quite common, even without Dick having nightmares, Damian creeping through his room at 3am like a goat-demon, and Jason waking him up  just to bother him) he would crawl onto the roof from his window; some old trick Damian had taught him back-in-the-day. one spring he'd secretly installed footholds around the window to help him climb. 

This night, he was lying on the clean-ish dry roof staring up at the steely-grey sky. it was chilly, so he'd brought a sweater to cloud-gaze, he was resting his head on his arms, thankful for the peace and quiet. It was so calm without tugging at his sleeves, of eyes reflecting like in the corner of his room like the goddamn Mothman.

Tim jerked awake, what time was it?

he rolled up and looked around; the sky was slightly lighter. He began blindly stumbling around the roof, where was his window? His foot slipped. 

SHIT!

He tipped outwar  ds, away from  the building. nononono! He wasn't dying like this, his brothers within shouting distance. Damian relyed on him to handle the social stuff. Jason would never fucking forgive himself for being a prick all those times and waking up. Dick's goddamn parent's just died OF FALLING like four months ago. Bruce would be so fucking pissed if he died. Man, he did NOT survive Joker and Two Face all those times to die falling off the roof like a moron!