Dicks First Time Meeting The League

-This one goes out to you, @stelthcow2235-

Ages

Damian - 17

Dick - 8

The League had met Bruce's youngest, and they loved him. They loved all the Robins, and were surprised (albeit, not astounded) when they'd first read about Bruce Wayne adopting yet another orphaned boy. The media practically harassed the boy and his new father. It was impossible to be on social media without hearing all about it.

New Robin had only been out for about a week (while being strictly monitored, of course), and league members had made excuses to drop by the manor. It was only a matter of time before they met him formally.

"Dick, are you ready to go?" Bruce couldn't get anyone to babysit, his elder sons were busy and Jason and Barbra Gorden was too young to babysit.

"Here!" Robin attached his mask (it was still too big and needed adjustment). 

"Let's go."

This important league meeting would run to about midnight, Gotham time, which was several hours later than Dick's bed time (nine at latest) but hopefully,  by then Damian would be free to pick him up and take him home.

"Good evening, Bruce." Diana pulled her hair back , turning to face the zeta tubes. She gasped. "Hi! you're the knew Robin, right?" She bent down to his level, smiling at the eight-year-old. Diana was good with kids.

Robin blinked and looked up at his father, who let go of his hand, silently encouraging him to interact with the league.

"hi." He waved a little, he was scared to test his English in front of such powerful, intimidating, cool grownups.

The league as a whole went crazy over him, talking to him, asking him questions, and overall stressing him out.

"Awesome costume, High-five!" Dinah offered. He did, shyly.

"How long have you been robin?" Clark had a rough idea; new Robin had first appeared taking down the man who'd killed Dick Grayson's parents, after all. 

"Since" Robin went quiet, verge of tears, all these awesome, strong, influential adults were staring at him, and he'd forgotten the word Sunday. He tried not to cry from panic. Clark just backed up and let the him cool off. "...day two after Friday?" He described, choking over his panting breaths and being crushed by the pressure of everyone's attention.

"Sunday?"

"Yeah. Sunday." He said sheepishly, repeating the word to himself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dick had been fighting to stay awake for almost an hour drawing on the back of old papers in the corner of the room. He was going  show some of his drawings to Bruce after this.
After an hour of so, he gave in to sleep.

The meeting was easily four hours in, and every once in a while, the heroes (even the most stoic ones) would let themselves get distracted by the sleeping boy on the floor.

It started with the boy mumbling a little, and then he began squirming a little. The heroes weren't even hiding their disinterest is the topic; they were busy watching  the little boy thrashing around like he was possessed.
Even then, Bats seemingly ignored the situation (it happened almost every night), until the boy began crying.

Some things he said were in English, like 'no' and 'stop'  others weren't in English at all, and some weren't even words. He was quiet at first, then louder, and louder. He was breathing heavily, panting in between words. 
It became more than just distracting.

Bats stood up, never breaking his thread of speech, walking across the room. Never even hesitating, he leaned down, gently lifted the boy's body and returning to the conference table. He cradled Robin against him, swaying his slightly until the boy's cries melted into peaceful sleep. All this without losing his train of thought.
Everyone watched, not-so-secretly impressed.

After another hour or so, the boy's eyes lolled open. He wasn't sure where the heck he was... until he felt Bruce rock him slightly to sooth him. He jerked his body up. It was as he'd feared; Bruce was holding him securely in his lap while the entire league was firmly staring at him.

He responded strongly, jerking his torso and sliding to the floor, He scrambled to his feet and sprinted towards the Tubes. Bruce, responding calmly to a question, stood to follow him, but there was no need. Dick had ran straight into Damian as he entered.

"Someone wants to leave." He pushed the shades up his face.

"Renagade, take him home."  

"Got it. The other two are already asleep."

"Put him to bed right away, He's being fussy."

"I think I know how to handle my own brothers." Damian only knew Dick a couple weeks, but he'd done the same thing twice before, and would call Dick his brother to prove a point.

"Alright. goodnight both of you."

Dick shyly waved goodbye, not looking at the league.