Escaping creeps (part one)

I passionately love this stock photo. Yee haw.

is is a part one cause i feel like there are a lot of  creeps and weirdos in gotham and we're all about protective Siblings.

Also, I changed up the age difference for dramatic effect.

Damian-19

Tim-17

Barbra-14

Dick--10

"Damn bus strike." Barbra groaned. "I mean, I support them, but not today." the girl bounced slightly, her feet were so sore. She had been guilted into volunteering her Saturday to manage FSA test grading for no pay while on her feet for six hours. She hadn't had proper food almost all day, hadn't been given a lunch break, and to top it all; there was a bus strike. All while she happened to be babysitting Dick for the day.

A large, older man approached the bus stop, and leaned over the road to see if a bus was coming. Barbra did the same, when she saw no bus coming. She turned around and found herself face-to-face with the man.

"You waiting for the 25?" the man inquired, a strange expression settling on his face.

Barbra looked at the bus stop sign, only the 25 came there. "Uh, yeah?"

"You're taking it by yourself?" a grin spread on his face. "Alone?"

No sooner had the words met Babs' ears, that she felt a pit of dread sink in her stomach. everyone else at the bus stop either didn't notice, or didn't care about the weird old guy asking this of the young girl.

Without saying anything, Barbra hurried to the bus stop bench and grabbed Dick's hoodie, yanking him after her. it was raining hard. She pulled Dick after her, trying to shake off any panic. 

we'll just walk to the next stop and wait there. Her thoughts raced. then the heard it, a third set of footprints splashing through the puddles.  Barbra glanced over her shoulder. Shoot!

It was the guy.

without thinking, she pulled Dick, who still had no clue what was happening, off the sidewalk and into the Safeway parking lot. they dodged between cars. they were even swifter than they were most nights on patrol. The red haired girl the kid ran into the store, practically before the automatic doors could open. they ducked behind the Starbucks kiosk. Barbra pulled up her hoodie hood, hoping to disguise her distinguishing hair colour.

"Hey Dickie," She was biting back terrified tears. It was one thing to beat up creeps as Bat-Girl, but you can't just spring a weirdo on a fourteen year-old in regular life and expect the same confidence. "Can you call Alfred or Bruce for a ride home?" she passed Dick her phone.

"They're busy, won't be near a phone." he muttered. "What  just happened?"

"Well can you call Tim, or Dami? I'll explain on the way home."

Damian was the first to answer his phone. he was at an event down town.

"What?" His voice growled over the phone. "I'm busy."

"We need a ride. " Dick listened to the phone for a few seconds and passed the phone to the older girl.

Barbra flinched as Damian's voice came over the line. She stuttered a little as she muttered into the phone. "Listen, there was this guy..."

"Babs!" Dick hissed, subtly jerking his thumb behind them. Barbra looked behind her in the dark phone screen. The creep. He was standing just outside the automatic glass doors, eyes flickering around what he could see of the store.