Ace is a Good Dog

-Thanks to @alyssa579437744 for the request! Please leave your requests in the comments!-

Ages:

Damian - 16

Dick - 7

Damian finally pulled out his earbuds and turned to his brother. "what?"
Ignoring Dick is usually the best way to get him to leave you alone; the kid feeds off attention. But today, no matter how much he ignored Dick, he kept coming back and yanking on his sleeve demanding his attention.

"I'm bored!"

"And I'm busy. Did you do your homework?"

"Yea!"

"Did you do your chores?"

"Yea! I'm bored!" He pulled on his sleeve again. "Can I take Ace on a walk?"

"No."

"PLEASE? We'll just go to the park!"

Damian brushed his brother off his arm. Dick pouted, giving him puppy dog eyes. "Richard, you can't take him out!"

"Why?"

"It's dangerous."

"But I'll take care of him."

"I'm not worried about Ace. He can handle himself." He put his hand on his brother's head. "You're not going out, father put me in charge of keeping you safe."

Dick scowled and stomped out, leaving his brother to roll his eyes and return to his work. It wasn't fair! He was seven, turning eight in three months! He could walk down the block with Ace!

"Come'ere, boy! Come'ere!" He ran down the stairs and called to the lean, black dog by the door. Ace stretched and trotted over to where he stood. Dick was only a little taller than Ace (when the dog was on all fours), but he was a about forty pounds lighter.
"Let's get you're leash!" He skipped and returned and affixed the strong rope to the dog's collar. "Let's go!" He slipped on his Velcro shoes and a jacket and lead Ace out into the rain. They started down the driveway when he spotted something out of the corner of his eye... a dark figure in a ball cap around the side of the manor. He shook it off, it was probably Tim finishing his chores. The boy hurried off so Tim wouldn't spot him and tell Dami.

He skipped off, lugged Ace after him. but the dog kept turning around and growling at the manor. "Come on! we're going to the park!" He tugged at the leash, but, of course, he was less than half the dogs weight. Suddenly, Dick had an idea; he let go of the leash and ran several paces ahead. "Ace! Come here, boy! Come!" He waved to the dog, who was intently watching a man, halfway down the block from where they'd come from. Ace let out a deep, guttural growl, arching his back, about to attack.
"No! Bad dog! Come here!" Ace looked at him, at the man, and reluctantly followed Dick, glaring behind them at the man. Dick continued to run ahead, splashing through puddles encouraging Ace to follow him. 

Dick wasn't paying attention to the man in the ball cap following them. He wasn't paying attention to how close the man was getting to him, of that he had both hands in his jacket pockets. Dick was just thrilled to be rebelling and going to the park.

"Let's go, Ace!" The boy took off into the park, slipping on the muddy grass and stumbling on the soaked woodchips at the playground. "Fetch!" He threw a huge stick as far as he could. Ace sot out to chase the stick. It was rainy; no one else was at the park. Dick didn't notice the man speed up his pace, only about eight feet from the him now.

A hand clapped over his mouth. Dick tried to scream. He couldn't. He writhed and kicked, but the man grabbed him. He was lifted of the ground. Dick tried again to call out, or bite the man, or... something.
The man was running, heading to the road. He held Dick firmly, he couldn't move.

The noise of the world finally caught up with the boy, barking. Dick finally managed to open his eyes and look up. 

Ace was barreling towards him, growling like a motorcycle engine. Dick didn't know what to do, he didn't want Ace to get hurt.

The dog arched his back and launched himself, fangs first, at the man's arm. His foot slipped on the grass, sending him backwards into the mud. He tried to keep one hand clamped on Dick's arm while he fought off the dog. He seriously underestimated Ace's strength. The dog's teeth tore into his flesh, attacking viciously. Dick was screaming. The Man was yelling, kicking at the dog. Ace wanted to see this man's every blood cell.

Dick shut his eyes, rolling over in the dirt, covering his head. He shuddered, half submerged n a mud puddle until he felt a large wet nose press against his shoulder. He looked up. Ace. He pushed himself off the floor and thew his arms around the dog's neck, tearing up, the man was no where in sight.

"Damian was right." He whined into Ace's fur. "Let's go home."

"CHRIST, Grayson!" He ran into Damian, running down the driveway towards him. "I SAID NOT TO GO! WHY DID YOU GO?" Dick tried to bite back his tears. began looking over him over, searching him for damage; only a few scrapes, yet he was glazed in mud, water, and blood. "GRAYSON, WHO'S BLOOD IS THIS?"

"I don't-" Dick began crying. "He was following me! Ace stopped him! he was taking me!"

"White male, about thirty, with a cap and a bomber jacket?"

"I- I don't know! I think?"

"That man's been scouting out the manor all week." Damian scowled. "Get inside, take off your shoes, and go hose off." He grabbed Ace by the forgotten lead, and the three went back inside, Dick took a shower while Damian found a towel, and rubbed down Ace's fur. He was furious that his brother had disobeyed, he was almost angry at Ace for letting Dick take him out, but most of all, he wanted this man dead. He wasn't supposed to kill, and it looked like Ace had done so already, but he still took a sample of the culprit's blood of the towel.

Ace got a pig's ear for his trouble.

The brother's got lectured and grounded for theirs, Dick for ignoring the rules, and Damian for not noticing Dick was ignoring the rules. 

-Bonus shout out to @Jorge0456 who has requested more Dick & Dami moments in the past-