Escaping Creeps (Part Two)

Ages

Damian:15

Tim:12

Jason:9

Dick:6

Life sucks when you have little brothers. Life sucks more when your dad's out of town, and you have to take public transit with your three brothers because you're too young to get your driver's licence.

"Drake, make your brother stay still." Damian sighed, he was preoccupied trying to keep an ESL six year old with ADHD from face planting whenever the train stopped. "Hey!" The child turned to him. "Sit down."

"Why?"

"Just sit."

"Why?"

Tim, who was already bickering with Jason, turned to his brother. "Dickie, sit over here and Dami and I will do some of your homework."

"I don't have homework."

"Oh right, You're in first grade... Hey, Jason, I'll do your homework if you make Dick sit down up here."

"Okay!" Jason had too much homework already, and Tim hadn't chose his words well. Now Dick was squealing and wrestling as Jason held him down on the chair. Damian couldn't wait for their dad to get back.

The train doors slid open and a crowd of people got on. Tim, who had been taking the responsibility of frantically apologizing to everyone his brothers had bothered, began trying to heard them back to the trio of seats to make room for everyone. "Jason, you sit up there."

"Okay." he stopped forcing his little brother onto the seat, and sat back, backpack on the floor between his feet.

The doors closed and the train began racing off again. Damian closed his eyes for a second, exhausted beyond measure. Just two more stops. The chatter around them increased, prompting the fifteen-year-old to open his eyes. he did a mental sound off; Me?  Of course. Drake?  On my right. Todd?  Kicking his backpack to my left. Grayson?  Standing on- wait. he stood up sharply, glancing around sharply. "Where is he?"

"Hmm?" Tim blinked his eyes open, also exhausted. he squinted and turned around. "Dickie?" He expected to see  his brother hurrying back through the crowd,  or at least to hear him call out in response. Nothing happened. The train began to slow at the next stop.

"Hold on." Damian groaned as he stood up, crouching down and searching for his brother. He felt panic grow in his chest as he saw not a child in sight. the doors opened. Shit. He stood to try and see better, a pit in his stomach. He caught a glimpse of a familiar hand-me-down shirt; out side of the train. In half a second Damian had ducked out of the sliding doors, leaving his other siblings to fend for themselves. The boy with the familiar shirt, was being dragged after a strong looking figure.

"Hey!" Damian shouted, sprinting forwards and blocking the path. 

The man glowered down at him. "Excuse me, I- Me and my son need to get through-"

"Damian!" the boy screamed.

"One second. Sir, are you aware that you're kidnapping a minor?" 

The man froze. In one movement, he yanked the child off the floor and tried to sprint past Damian. idiot. The teen, hearing the train with his brothers depart behind him, gave a swift kick to the man's torso and tackled him. the man panicked and half threw Dick to the floor. Damian may be pretty badass, but he had his priorities. by the time his brother was definitively safe, the guy had jumped the ticket stop, and ran up the escalator. he could be anywhere.

"Are you okay?" he looked over his brother, insuring that there was no harm done to him. Dick seemed fine aside from the act he was bawling from fear. "They're probably waiting for us at the next station, and once we're home, you can just watch TV or something." Damian said the most calming things he could think of while literally boiling from rage. he was so mad that he just picked up his brother and hopped the next train without saying anything else.

Jason had been told that his brother had gone missing, which had put him on high-alert-no-bitching mode.

"Tim! I found them!" 

Tim looked up and died of relief, dropping everyone's backpacks on the floor and hurrying forwards. "Ohmygod, Damian what happened?"

"Nothing" his brother replied in the way that said that getting the crying child home was first priority. they took they're bags and took off at a slow pace, heading back.

They were about half way home when the elder two had finished discretely exchanging information and evening out the events. Dick had mostly stopped crying, now he was just sniffling occasionally while Jason distracted him by talking about Spy Kids 3D.

 Damian held his youngest brother tightly. "I just wish I could of beat that motherfucker into the ground." he lowered his voice around the swear word. "How do you feel now?"

Dick nodded, hugging Jason's arm as hard as he could. as his palm opened, the eldest boy noticed something his brother ha been holding. "what's this?" the boy tightened his grip. "It's okay, can I see it?" Damian held it up; a flip phone. "How did you get this." the boy muttered something, near silently. Damian remembered how the man had tried to run, lifting Dick as he did so, lifting him to about pocket height. "Did you steal this from the guy?" his brother barely made a sound. "You're not in trouble, can I take this?" the leaned down to Tim. "Can you find out who this is reistered to while I'm getting dinner?"

"Sure, but It'll take me a few hours."

"That's fine. just let me know. I think I'll have to pay the owner a visit tonight."