Chapter 2

Charlotte's POV

As the plane took off I left my eyes wander around the plane. First class was mainly filled with business looking men and women and a few vacation travelers. I spotted a girl who looked about fifteen sitting with her parents. Other than her, I was the only teenager girl in first class. There were five teenage boys, including Liam; the boy he had been talking to, the boy that boy was sitting next to, and two boys sitting across the aisle from me a Liam.

"I hate to be a bother," Liam's voice shattered the silence once again, not that I minded. I could listen to his accent all day. "Would you mind switching places with me? I am traveling with those guys," he nodded towards the boys across the aisle, "and those two." Nodding to the boys in front of us, he then proceeded to look at me awaiting my answer.

Personally, I preferred the window seat. "Yeah, that's no problem." I slid out of my chair pulling my bags toward me. I stepped into the aisle behind the seat as he gracefully stood up and slid out into the aisle in front of our row.

"After you," he bowed with a cocky grin on his face.

"Why thank you," I laughed and he laughed along, too.

As he slid back into the row I couldn't help but notice that his dark wash jeans hung low on his hips and his tight white t-shirt made it look as though he had clearly defined abs.

I shook these thoughts from my head, considering I didn't even know him.

"So what takes you to London?" he asked shifting his body so he was comfortably facing me.

"School," I replied. "It's always been my dream to study abroad."

"That's cool. What are you studying?" he seemed genuinely interested as he made eye contact.

"I don't know yet. We haven't signed up for classes yet."

"Oh," he seemed surprised that I didn't have a plan, as though if he were in my situation he would know. "What do you want to do after you graduate?"

"I really want to work for a famous band or something," I shrugged.

He shifted his body appearing uncomfortable, "Why is that?"

"Not for the fame or anything, but for the thrill of traveling on tour with them, managing press, going through routines, working with lighting and sound. It's always been fascinating to me. Since my concert when I was eleven, it's what I wanted to do."

Liam's broad shoulders relaxed as I explained my choice, "That's really cool. Not too many people want to get into the music industry for pure enjoyment. Lots of people do it for money and fame."

"Those people are lame. I could never work for a band that wasn't all about their music and their fans. I mean why else would you go into a world where your life is completely out on the line if it wasn't something that you truly love to do? My theory behind the stars that go bad is that they don't actually love what they are doing."

"That's a pretty good theory," he said impressed, "and it makes total sense."

"Oh, well thanks. So what about you? London home for you?" I asked wanting to keep the conversation alive.

"Kind of; I have a flat with my friend in London because that is where I spend most of my time. But I am from Wolverhampton, which you have most likely never heard of."

"No, sorry, I'm just an old American girl. Don't judge me."

"It's all good. I was considering asking you where you are from but I probably won't know where it is that you'd be talking about."