Chapter 37

Charlotte's POV

"Sweat shirts?"
"Check."
"Sweat pants?"

"Check."

"Jeans?"

"Check."

"Shirts?"

"Check."

I read off the check list that Amalia had sent me. She and Lauren had been to the bungalow before and had made a list of things that we should bring. Both mine and Marisa's Vera Bradley bags were on our beds as we tossed our clothes into them.

"Swimsuit?"

"What?" Marisa looked up from her dresser drawer. "It's mid October! It's like cold!"
"I'm just telling you what the list says.... Liam mentioned swimming too so might as well," I shrugged and grabbed my swimsuit from the back of my closet and stuffed it in my bag.

I didn't have any classes planned for Friday—Marisa had one but she was going to skip. We had finished out Thursday classes and were packing quickly before joining Amalia and Lauren out for dinner. They boys' plane wasn't back yet, and that meant that they were left home for dinner. They didn't want to cook so they had invited us out for dinner and then asked us to spend the night at their house. Then, we were driving out to Holmes Chapel together. It was about a three hour drive from London which we would conquer together. Amalia and I would each drive for an hour and a half since Lauren wasn't legally allowed to drive.

I felt bad for the boys –they were coming in super late tonight but they still wanted to meet us out there by noon.

I zipped my bag and heaved it over my shoulder. I grabbed my phone off of the desk and stuffed the charger in my side pocket along with my iPad.

"Ready Riss?"

"Ready," she replied with a smile.

We made our way to her car receiving uncharacteristic waves from groups of girls –I was getting used to the sudden fame and so was Marisa. The fans were way more respectable now that I was out in the open with my relationship. Of course there will still people who constantly hated on me, but in a way that's what I signed up for. Liam told me not to look at them, but I did anyway. Some were hurtful but some were actually amusing to read.

Marisa Walker had become a favorite of the fans. Surprisingly, people were pushing for her and Zayn to be in a relationship, which in some ways caused more trouble than the hate mail did. She had broken down a few times saying that she felt like the pressure was building up in her head. One night I mentioned her break downs to Liam who told me that Zayn was looking forward to the bungalow so that they could spend time away from everything else. It was surprising how much a week could change emotions.

Leaving the two of us with time to think helped us sort everything out but it also withdrew some confessions. After breaking down to Madison about my parents, Marisa realized that something was up. I told her and it felt like a weight had been lifted off my chest. She told me that I needed to talk to Liam about the situation suggesting that he might offer some words of wisdom.

While confessions came about, Marisa let it slip that she had fallen head over heels for Zayn. I laughed because that totally wasn't obvious at all.

"Excited?" Marisa asked as she slammed her drivers' door shut.

"Yeah," a grin captured my face. It had been a long week. I'd had lots of homework and projects with very little down time and some stressful family situations. I was really ready to go and see Liam and get away from everything for just a little while.