Chapter 75

Charlotte's POV
When I woke up the next morning it was nearly one in the afternoon. I guess it wasn't technically morning. I wiped my eyes as I made my way to the kitchen in my boxers and Liam's sweatshirt.

"Hey Char," Talia was sitting at the breakfast table eating a piece of cheese pizza. "Glad to see you're finally awake."

"Hey Talli," I ruffled her hair on my way to the counter. I had plugged my phone in before going to bed and now I needed to check my messages. The boys were going to be on the local radio station today but beforehand we were meeting up at the hotel for a swim.

I got to the granite counter top, sliding my hand across the cold surface without even looking. My hand reached and grabbed the chord but there was no phone to be found.

"Talli have you seen my phone?" I turned to ask her.

"No," her innocent eyes looked back at me. "I don't have it." Her shoulders rose and fell.

"Humph," I huffed as I treaded into the family room. Grant and Anastasia were planted on the sofa watching TV. "Have you guys seen my phone?" I asked.

Without looking up from iCarly the two shook their heads and replied with hypnotized, "No."

I scratched my head wondering where it could have been.

I nudged my way down the winding staircase that led to the basement. I opened the sliding door with one hand as I entered the workout room.

"MOM?" I called over the loud squeaky treadmill. "Have you seen my phone?"

"Ask your dad!" she called back.

I groaned and made my way back up the stairs. I found my dad in his office, towered over a large stack of papers.

"Hey dad?" I whispered not wanting to bother him.

"Oh hey sweetie," he smiled warmly at me. It was rather uncharacteristic.

"Have you seen my phone?"

His forehead creased as his lips smacked together, "Oh." He spun around in his chair and pulled something off the back desk. He twisted back around holding my phone out to me in its new glitter case I had gotten for Christmas.

I stepped forward and grabbed it. "Why did you have it?" I questioned.

"Erm, well. I mean... I wasn't going to... I guess... I mean..."

"Dad?" I asked in a warning tone. He needed to stop stuttering and get to the point. It wasn't that hard of a question.

"I needed a phone number," he leaned backwards with a sigh.

"Who's number?" I was extremely confused.

"Ummm, Liam's." He squinted his face together waiting for my reaction.

"WHAT?" I pounded my hands on his oak desk. "WHY? What? Did you call him? WHAT DID YOU SAY?" My heart was speeding a million miles per hour. What had he done?"

"Charlotte calm down..." he warned.

"NOT UNTIL YOU TELL ME WHAT YOU DID?"
"Sweetheart..."

"Don't call me that..." I took a step back from his desk.

He sighed, "Why are you assuming the worse?"