Chapter 74

Charlotte's POV
I slid into the passenger seat and Liam shut the door behind me. I fastened my seatbelt with a click as I watched him strut around to his side of the car. His hair tossed slightly in the wind. It was longer than it had been when I met him. In August, it was more of a curly Bieber style. Now it was long, winding curls mounted on his head. The twisted strands fell just about the collar of his jacket in luscious brown locks. He opened the car door and stepped up into the seat. He turned the keys in the ignition and the car roared to live.

"Ready?" he asked as he reached over to grab my hand. Our fingers twisted together with a squeeze.

"How can I know if I'm ready?" I asked with a smile. "I have absolutely no idea where we are going!"

He knocked his head back in laughter, "I guess you're just going to have to trust me, love." He squeezed my hand once again before unlocking our grasp and placing both of his hands on the steering wheel. The car pulled away from the curb and we were off.

About twenty minutes later, the car pulled off the interstate into the confusing streets of downtown Omaha. Liam drove the car through the bustling streets, swiftly finding the path to the old market.

The old market was the heart of downtown Omaha. It was about a block of old buildings. The road was red brick and the buildings sky-scraped over the road. The small area was filled with people. Musicians sat on the corners filling the night air with their music. The restaurants were lit and welcoming.

Liam pulled the car into a parking spot and turned it off. He opened his door and swiftly came to open my own.

"Thank you," I took his hand and he escorted me down from the SUV.

"You're welcome," he smiled his warm, heart melting grin.

"You know you look rather adorable tonight," I giggled quietly. I moved my hands and pulled on either side of his unbuttoned jacket. I leaned against the car and pulled him closer to me, yanking his jacket.

He stumbled forward, bracing himself against the car with his hands. His steamy breath hitched in his throat as his body pressed up against mine.

I looked up under my eyelashes at him with a smile.

"I've missed you."

A laughed formed deep in his throat, "I can tell."

I turned my lips out in a pout.

"Oh no, no pouting tonight." He brushed my pouted lips ever so slightly with his own. "Only smiling tonight."

The teasing of his lips only caused mine to turn out more.

"Maybe you should kiss them so they turn up in a smile."

Liam shook his head once again causing his lips to brush mine. He was being such a tease.

"I don't see how that would work. If I'm kissing you, you can't smile."

"Sure I can," I lifted up on my tip-toes so my face was even with his. "You smile into the kiss all the time."

"Mmhm," he hummed. "But that's not the kind of smile I'm talking about."

His arms fell from the car to my sides, tormenting my waist with his poking fingers.