Chapter 76

Charlotte's POV

Of course there were fans there.

When the black Escalade pulled around the corner onto the street that the radio station was on, we were met by the instantaneous screams that you never grow used to. Barricades were set up on the edges of the streets in attempt to keep fans off the streets.

Even though it was nearly below zero outside, and there was snow on the ground, the fans were there in mass numbers. They were all bundled up in jackets, hats, scarves and mittens. Lots of them even carried mugs of hot chocolate and coffee. It just proved the dedication those five boys had.

"Ridiculous," Niall muttered in his Irish accent. "Just ridiculous."

The fact that the boys never got used to the outlandish fan reaction just proved how humble they were.

"Everywhere we go," Louis' eyes followed the streams of girls who were jumping and waving. The studio was about a block down the street when we stopped at a red light.

"Should I?" Harry turned to Zayn who just grinned.

Harry nibbled on his lip before rolling down the window allowing the toe-nipping wind to enter into the car. Instantly the screams escalated.

"HELLLLLOOOO!" Harry stuck his head out the window calling to the fans.

I was sitting on the other side of the car so I had control of the other window. "Did you want to?" I turned to Liam who was sitting in the middle between Harry and me.

"Up to you," his arm that was around my waist tightened with a squeeze.

I leaned forward to roll down the window.

The girls on the opposite side of the street starting screaming as well; calling out each of the boys' name.

Liam leaned forward slightly, giving them a wave.

That was all they needed for them to erupt again.

The car sped forward down the street as we continued through the tunnel of girls. Once we finally arrived at the studio the front was surrounded with security guards. The car stopped in the middle of the street because it was the only place we could get out.

"Stay in here for just a second, guys," the driver instructed. "We have to wait for the other car."

Marisa, Lauren, and Amalia were in the car right behind us along with the boy's own security. It wasn't long before an identical car pulled right behind us.

"Okay," the driver said. "Gentlemen whose ladies are not in this car go and get your girlfriends. You bring them so you protect them."

That was the rule. If the guys brought girls anywhere fans were going to be, they had to protect them. Security protected the boys and the boys protected their girls.

Louis dodged out of the front seat to the car behind us. I twisted around and watched him through the back window. He wasted no time in waving to the fans rather he grabbed the handle of the door and yanked it open. Just like always, Lauren was waiting. Louis took her hand elegantly and helped her down from the car. He wrapped one arm around her waist and pecked her cheek. The fans screamed louder than ever at the small show of affection causing Lauren to blush. It was adorable.