Chapter 22

Charlotte's POV

I was woken by the sound of a fist pounding against my door. I rolled over in bed and groaned. It was early. The sun wasn't fully up yet. Glancing at my clock I realized it was ten. Ten might be considered sleeping in, but now when you didn't get home until close to four.

"Marisa?" I whined. "Are you in here?"

"Yes, Char," she said half asleep. "Go answer the door!"

"You go answer the door. You got back earlier than I did." I covered my head with my pillow. "Heck you were asleep when I got here."

"Fine, fine." I heard shuffling of blankets followed by feet on the floor. The door creaked open. A body pushed her way into the room and Marisa slammed the door behind her.

"I came as soon as I could. Better you hear from me than find out from the mob of people who are sure to find you," Madison's voice filled the room. She sounded freaked out.

There was a crinkling sound –like the sound of paper followed by Marisa's gasp.

"The Sun? Are you serious?" Marisa slapped my arm with force.

"Geeze, Riss, that wasn't necessary. What's wrong?" I sat up in bed to find The Sun newspaper four inches from my face.

The title was huge. I didn't have to look at the pictures to know what it was talking about.

ONE DIRECTION DATE NIGHT it read.

I grabbed the paper from Madison. Marisa joined me as we flipped through the two pages that covered the story.

"Boy band One Direction was spotted out and about last night, but not together. Niall Horan and longtime girlfriend were spotted entering a restaurant popular among teens. The restaurant is known for their food and dancing, along with the dark club like atmosphere –it's the perfect place for a pop star to go and go unrecognized. Horan has been in a confirmed relationship with the daughter of their stylist, Lydia Sorin, for quite some time. Sorin's daughter Amalia, if often spotted with the boys wherever they may go."

The article continued, "However, last night, the Horan-Sorin duo was not alone. The couple was joined by fellow One Direction band member Liam Payne and the lovely lady seen at his arm in the picture above." Sure enough, there was a picture of Liam and I walking from the car to the restaurant. "The name of this beautiful young woman has not been discovered. When asked about her, Liam chose not to answer. The two were reportedly seen chatting, dancing, and sharing a few kisses before the night was over."

"HE FINALLY KISSED YOU?" Marisa exclaimed after reading it. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Hang up, I haven't finished yet," I could feel my cheeks turning pink.

I continued to read, "While Niall, Liam, Amalia, and our mystery lady were enjoying their double date, Zayn Malik was photographed exiting a movie theater and making his way to grab ice cream with a lovely lady, as well. Zayn and his lady's location didn't go as under the radar as the others did. Fans turned out in the dozens, waiting eagerly outside of Milkshake City in hopes of catching a glimpse of the band member. When the couple went to return to their car, Zayn's mystery date grabbed a young fan from the crowd and led her over to Zayn. He later tweeted a picture he had taken with the young fan. Adorable."

"Stay with us as we keep our eyes peeled for these two lovely ladies. Might they be at the boys benefit concert tonight? We shall see. One thing seems certain though, there may only be two single One Direction boys left. Better hurry ladies. Time is running out."