Chapter 39

Charlotte's POV
"It's the third door on the left," Liam instructed me. The house was small, but I didn't foresee this as a problem.

I left everyone else in the main room as I made my way down a tiny hallway. I opened that third door on the left revealing a medium sized room with two double beds. The walls were painted a deep tan color and hung on them were pictures of the boys. I set my bag down on the bed next to the window. After tossing my phone and iPad into the bag, I made my way to the window. I pushed back the fluttery curtain and peered into the backyard. There was a pool and what looked to be a pool house along with a wide open green space accompanied by a fire pit.

My heart was racing. Here I was spending the weekend with eight of the most amazing people I had met. It was unlike something I had ever done before. I wasn't adventurous, but I was always willing to try something new. This was my something new.

I took a deep breath letting oxygen claim my body, hoping that it would calm my nerves when suddenly I was aware of someone else in the room. I didn't have to turn around to know who it was.

"You ok?"

"Yeah I'm fine." I kept my gaze out the widow and my hands at the bottom of the window sill.

I heard feet shuffling across the room, followed by the sensation of two arms wrapping around my waist.

"Are you okay?" he dragged out the syllables making sure to get his point across.

"Liam, I'm fine," I whispered.

He rested his head against my shoulder and his hands firmly stroked back and forth against my waist.

"If you say so," he muttered.

Suddenly, I spun around and wrapped my arms around his back, burrowing my face into his chest.

"Something is wrong," his voice was almost scolding him. "Want to talk about it?"

"Not now," I told him. "I just need a hug."
"I'm an excellent hugger," his voice sounded upset but yet you could tell he was smiling slightly. I looked up at his face and my suspicion was proved. A light, cheesy smile was plaster on his face. My only possible reaction was for me to smile back.

Carefully, he places his soft lips on my cheek pulling me closer to him.

"Whatever it is that's bothering you, you can tell me, okay? You can always tell me."

"Later," I whispered, "I don't want to start the weekend off on a bad note."

"What kind of note do you want to start it off on?" he asked.

"A good one, silly," I chuckled as his lips connected with mine.

I stood on my tiptoes to meet his pink lips . My hand trailed up his back to around his neck, playing with the small curls that were there. The kiss started out sweet and gentle, but the longer we stood there, the more hungry and needy the kisses became. His hands moved from the small of my back to my waist, pulling my hips closer to his. I let out a sigh which caused him to smile. His lips trailed down my jaw to my neck. I let out a giggly laugh which unfortunately caused him to stop.

"What?" he asked confused.

"Oh," I made an actual "o" shape with my mouth which then turned up into a grin. I pulled the fabric of my sweatshirt away and tilted my head.