Chapter 12

Charlotte's POV

"You have all the potential needed to succeed here as long as you dedicate plenty of times to your studies," the teacher talking explained to the class.

I rolled my eyes causing Marisa to laugh. We were sitting in some orientation for new students and it was pure torture.

"We are having a welcome dance on Saturday for those who would like to meet some fellow classmates. Now, if you would all please go to your class for further information."

All at once people started heading for the exit. Everyone was eager to leave the auditorium. Marisa and I escaped through the back doors and headed for our assigned classroom. We were lucky to be in the same room.

We were one of the first in the room, so we went and sat down in the second to last row. A brown haired girl was the next to walk in with a boy right behind her. They smiled at us and sat down in the desks behind us.

I was feeling rather confident, so I turned around to say hello.

"Hi," I smiled at them. "I'm Charlotte and this is Marisa." Marisa waved hello.

The girl smiled, "Hey, I'm Madison and this is my boyfriend Ryan." Ryan said hello.

They told us that they were both from England and had gone to school together in a town we had most likely never heard of. Madison ended up being in the same dorm that Marisa and I were in.

At the end of the meeting, which was just as boring as the one before, we said goodbyes and quickly exchanged phone numbers in hope of meeting up again.

"Wanna go out for lunch?" Marisa asked as we were strolling through the campus. The sun was behind the clouds and it was rather chilly.

"Well, I actually have plans..." I muttered.

"Less than a week in London and you already have a more active social life than the one I had back in France." She rolled her eyes, "Hot date with a member of a certain boy band?"

"Shhh!" I shushed her. "It's not just Liam. I think Zayn is going to be there too. You should come!"

"Oh no, no, I don't want to intrude."
"That's what you said yesterday," I glared at her. "Look how much fun you me and Amalia had!"
"Yeah, but...."

"But what?"

"But it's," she dropped her voice so low that I could barely make out what she was saying, "Zayn Malik and Liam Payne!"

"So?" I threw my hands up in exasperation. "What does that have to do with anything?"

"I don't know...."

"Just don't be creepy! It will be fine!"

It didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would to convince her.

We went back to our room to change out of the sweats we had thrown on when we woke up at 6:30.

Marisa put on a pair of Miss Me jeans and a purple and blue plaid shirt. I slid on green khaki shorts and a white t-shirt with a grey sweatshirt over. We looked like two typical college kids.

The ride to the restaurant was short and sweet. We stepped out of the cab and I was surprised not to find any paparazzi. Zayn and Liam were sitting in the back corner of the café next to a window that over looked the garden outside.

"Hey guys," I smiled as we approached them. Zayn smiled and Liam got up to give me a hug. "This is my friend and fellow roommate Marisa."
She managed to squeak out a high. They welcomed her warmly as I knew they would. I slid into the booth next to Liam, leaving Marisa across from me next to Zayn.

The first part of lunch consisted of Zayn asking Marisa questions. With each answer she grew more comfortable and eventually she relaxed to the Marisa I knew.

"You got stuck with a crummy roommate," Liam elbowed me.

"Oh I know," Marisa laughed taking a bite of her sandwich. "I've been working on ways to torment while she sleeps."

"I can help you with that one," Zayn looked at her. "When you live with four other teenage lads...."

"Haha, oh I am sure," she laughed.

Time spent with Liam always passed quicker than I wanted it to. It was also frustrating when others were around because we didn't get much time to talk –just the two of us. I really wanted to go out just him and me.

Before I knew it, it was four o'clock. I had to get back to the hotel to gather the rest of my stuff, check out, and get back to campus before my first class at seven.

"Can I walk you back?" Liam asked.

I shot Marisa a questioning look. She waved me along but was too busy talking to Zayn to really care about what was going on.

Liam escorted me outside and we walked side by side.

"Zayn and your roommate..." He winked, "I think we better prepare ourselves for that one."

"They seemed to click didn't they?"
"I haven't seen Zayn talk to a girl that much since he broke up with Rebecca. It is rather curious... but she seems sweet."

I nodded, "She's great."

"So are you excited to start classes tonight?" he asked as he kicked a stray pebble.

"I guess so," I shrugged. "Even if I am in London, it's still school."

He smiled, "True, true. Have you met anyone else?"

"I talked to a girl named Madison and her boyfriend this morning... other than that no."

"So you might be free on Saturday?" he glanced at me, momentarily making eye contact.

"Unless I decided to go to the dance, which, I don't think I will because I don't know anyone. You can't just dance with complete strangers..."

"I was wondering if you would want to come to our rehearsal. We are starting to practice for our second tour that starts in December."

"Oh that would be fun!" I jumped up and down. "I would love to!"

"Sweet," a glistening smile swept his face. His full lips turned upward as far as they could go.

"Liam, I wanted to, well I wanted to just say thanks. You are the first real friend I made here and I don't think I could have asked for a better one..."

His smile turned from cheeky to genuinely sweet. "I'm glad you feel that way. I'm honored to call you a friend." He squeezed my hand before pulling me into a hug.

A squealing group of girls cut us off.

"I've got to go anyway," I pulled away. "Text me later?"

"Always. Bye Char," he placed a quick peck on my cheek once gain.

I smiled back hoping he couldn't tell that even ounce of me had just melted under his touch.