Chapter 59

Charlotte's POV

"Come on Char," Charlie lifted me off my hands and knees and pushed me back towards the sofa.

I was in shock and tears continued to stream down my face unconsciously.

"What just happened?" I whimpered. "He was crying. In front of everyone. Why was he crying?" I sobbed into my hands.

Charlie sat beside me helplessly pulling me to his chest. "Shhh," he hummed into my hair. "Shhhh." He ran his hand along my arm rubbing with enough force to calm me down.

"What have I done Charlie?"

"Char please calm down," he begged. His green eyes were expressionless as he watched me sob. I pulled out of his grasp. Bending over at my waist, I put my face in my hands that were resting on my lap.

The sofa shook slightly underneath me and Charlie leaned forward and stroked my back trying to calm me down.

He had cried over me. I should have been there. I should have gone with Marisa. I should have been backstage when he walked off crying. I should have taken him into my arms and kissed him until he forgot about the pain. I should have done all those things, but because of my own stubbornness, I had done nothing.

Liam's POV

I tore from the stage once the lights were off. I hardly made it to the back room before I collapsed against the back wall. Sobs erupted from my body more violently than before. The wracking cries busted from my mouth as the pain clenched at my chest.

"Where is he?" I heard a panicked voice demand.

"Don't," Zayn's voice was stern. He was probably pushing her back, but she clearly didn't listen.

"Liam," her voice echoed quietly through the room. "Liam come here."

She wasn't Charlotte, but if I had to pick one person to comfort me I wanted it to be Lauren. She came and sat beside me wrapping me in her arms. I nestled my face into her neck, pulling her closer.

"Shhh," she kissed the top of my head.

"It... just... hurts..." I was silently scolding myself for breaking down like this. But no matter how upset with myself I was for doing this, I didn't have the strength to swallow the pain.

"I know," she whispered. She pulled me tighter to her as Louis watched from the door. "Trust me I know."

I pulled back slightly; she took advantage of this by kissing my forehead. "It's gonna be okay," she promised. Her finger slid across my cheek wiping a single tear off my face. "It's gonna be okay."

"How? I don't see how," I sobbed pathetically. I really needed to pull myself together.

"Shhh," she whispered again in my ear. I shivered as her breath stroked my jaw. "I know it doesn't seem like it now, but it will all work out."

I wiped my hand across my face trying to clean the tears. "You don't know that."

"No," she shook her head. "I do know that. Trust me."

I nodded slightly. If there was anyone who knew what she was talking about it was her. "Okay," I whispered. The pain still had control of my body, but I was going to be strong. I was determined to be strong.