Chapter 49

Liam's POV

Niall let out a heavy sigh as he entered our room. His light blue polo was wrinkled and covered in spots of blood. His eyes were tired –dark circled were forming beneath them. "Here," he said as he sat beside me on the bed. He gripped my shoulders and turned me towards him. He gently took my hand that was clenching my face and place it in his lap.

"No, it's throbbing," I snatched my hand up back to my face.

"I know," he whispered. "But if you don't let me do this is will only keep throbbing."

Once again, Niall's warm hand overtook my own. He gave it a light squeeze. He might not have agreed with my actions and choices, but he knew it had been a rough day, and Niall was always sympathetic.

He kept my hand between his. "Like my mum says," he chuckled, "squeeze my hand if it hurts. I wanna make sure there's nothing seriously damaged."

My nose had gushed blood everywhere. Zayn had finally gotten it to stop after researching, and reading that placing an icepack on the back of your neck helps. The blood had stopped but my mouth had the nasty after taste.

I pressed my lips together as he brought his other hand to my face. His bright blue eyes filled with concern as he saw the apparent burses after only a few minutes. "He really got you good."

"Yeah," I gasped as Niall applied a light pressure to my check where Louis had socked me. His hand was freezing due to the ice bag he had just been holding.

"You are gonna look nasty tomorrow," he bit his lower lip hard.

"Is it that bad?"

"Mmm," he scrunched his face. "Take off your shirt so I can get the blood out."

I did as he told me, handing him my blood stained t-shirt. "Thanks Nialler."

He nodded. "Lay back, Li-li. You gotta ice it."

I chuckled at my ridiculous nickname that only Niall called me. The laughter shook my face causing me to wince in pain. In one swift motion I swung my legs onto the bed and sunk into the pillow.

"Here ya go," Niall gently placed the icepack over a towel on the left side of my face. The pressure made a sharp stabbing run through my face causing me to moan.

"Oh come on babe, suck it up. Would you rather have your face be the size of a watermelon? If so, then go ahead and take it off." Niall scolded me.

"No, I'm fine. Can you get me some pain meds?" I begged.

"Sure puppy eyes," he smirked at my expression. "You just relax. I think I gotta go buy some. I'll be back, but if you need anything, then I suggest you ask Zayn. Harry's got Louis' back on this one."

I nodded understandingly. Louis was ticked which meant Harry was ticked.
"Niall?" I asked before he got off the bed. "Is it too soon to call her?"

"Char or Lauren?"
I tensed as he said their names together. His voice wasn't very approving. "Char."

"Call her tomorrow, buddy. Let her get her mind and heart together."

"Ok," I bit my tongue knowing that she probably was heartbroken. "Thanks Niall."

He kissed the top of my head before leaving, "Someone's gotta take care of you, even if you are Daddy Direction."