Chapter 15

Charlotte's POV

"Excitedly nervous?" Amalia asked as she appeared behind Marisa and I, though her question was aimed towards me.

Liam had escorted us down to the front row so we could watch their entrance onto stage. Standing in front of the catwalk, I had to admit my heart was pounding.

"Excited, I think," I managed a giggle.

"Have you heard any of them sing?" Marisa questioned.

"Liam sang to me once. Then I heard one of their songs on the radio. I guess I would rather hear it live first," I shrugged. I hadn't felt the need to look up their songs. I guess it was another thing that I wanted them to show me, or Liam to show me.

"You want him to romantically serenade you on stage don't you?" Amalia focused her eyes on the stage.

"No, no, I can live without that."

"You're crazy," Marisa and Amalia said in unison.

"What?" I demanded.

"Has Niall ever....?" Marisa started.

A grin sprawled across her face.

"I'll take that as a yes," I elbowed her.

"Never on stage, but plenty of times has he just sung to me. I admit, his voice is my drug." She laughed, "But seriously, the feeling of having him sing to me... it's like the lyrics are his words put to a rhythm with a beautiful instrumental."

"Romantic," Marisa grinned.

"Incredibly," Amalia sighed, clearly reliving a past event.

We were interrupted by the lights going off.
"Woah," I braced myself against the stage. I couldn't see a thing.

Suddenly lights were flashing. A drummer started a beat. Fireworks echoed through the empty stadium.

The words One Direction flashed across the screen. Pictures of the boys zoomed around the words. Then, everything went black again.

The music to a song started but everything was still pitch dark.

Suddenly, a spotlight flickered on, shining right in front of us. The bright light revealed Liam coming up from below stage causing me to jump.

"I LOVE THIS SONG!" Marisa grabbed my arm. I shook it off gently as I gripped the edge of the stage willing Liam's eyes to meet my own. They did.

As he sang he walked towards the edge of the stage where we were.

It's not me it's not you

There's no reason

I'm just trying to read the signals I'm receiving

It's like a stone on fire can you feel it

I don't know about you girl but I believe that...

Suddenly, Niall emerged from below stage.

Words will be just words

Till you bring them to life

The other three boys popped up suddenly as Harry shifted into the chorus.