Chapter 50

Charlotte's POV

I slammed the car door thinking that maybe it would help relieve whatever feeling was burning ferociously in the pit of my stomach. It didn't. I was an emotional wreck. Swirling feelings of anger, betrayal, bitterness, and pain left my mind unstable.

After I had left the park, I had gone to get dinner. I sat in the back corner of a dark café crying to myself. That poor waiter probably thought I was mentally unstable. Unfortunately, he was right. I set my head down and power walked to my dorm. I didn't want to talk to anyone. Thank god it was dark and no one could see my nasty, puffy, red streaked face.

I sorted through my purse finding my key. I let myself into the buzzing building, but I took the back staircase hoping to avoid the majority of people, if not everyone. When I finally got to my room, I unlocked the door and started crying the second I was away from public eye.

"Ohmygosh Char!" Marisa hopped up from her bed where she had been reading a magazine. "What's wrong?"

I shook my head unable to form words. I brought my quivering hand to my mouth hoping to hold back the loud sobs as Marisa pushed me back onto my bed.

"Char take a deep breath," Maddie sat beside me. Her eyes grew dark with concern as she looked at Marisa who just shrugged.

"Come on Char. You need to tell us what's wrong. Did Liam do something?" Marisa pressed.

I nodded. Suddenly Marisa's eyes were filled with concern as well.

"Did he cheat on you?" Maddie asked weakly.

I shook my head.

"Then what did he do?"

"He lied." I spat.

"About what?"

"Must have been really bad," Madison muttered under her breath.

"He-he-he said that he-he was un-unhappy after D-Dan-Danielle broke up with him."

"He wasn't?" they asked confused.

I shook my head again.

"What do you mean Char?"
"He was making out with Lauren. He wasn't unhappy. He was making out with Lauren!" The words shook the room I had exclaimed them so loud.

Marisa's mouth dropped. "Lauren?"

I nodded. "Lauren."

"But," Madison started to say.

"But nothing!" I whimpered. "I found the picture! The picture of them kissing! He lied to me!"

I switched onto my stomach and sobbed into my pillow.

"Did you talk to him about it?" Marisa ran her hand across my back comforting me.

"No," I mumbled. "I ran."
"Char..." Madison sighed in disappointment. "You have to let him explain. It could have been a onetime deal!"

"Do you kiss someone once and have someone take a picture of it? I don't think so."
Madison licked her upper lip. She knew I was right.

"None the less you have to give him a chance to explain."

"He can have that chance when I stop crying!" I sobbed, though I had no idea when that was going to be. My heart was split. One of the greatest things about my relationship with Chance was that this never happened. I had never been so hurt that I literally felt like I was going to be sick.