Chapter 32

Charlotte's POV

We watched the rest of the interview which proved hard for me to do. Liam was tracing patterns along my bare leg. Attempting to hide the goose bumps it gave me proved harder than I expected. I snuck a peak up at Liam who was looking contently at the flickering TV screen. Either he had no idea that he was literally torturing me or he was simply trying to play it cool –either way it made me grin.

I turned my head slightly to examine the other people in the room. To my surprise, Amalia and Niall weren't making out. Since they had been together for two months, never really separated, their desperate need for each other had slowly lessened. Now, Amalia had her head resting on Niall's chest while Niall was playing with her hair.

I turned to see Lauren smashed in between Louis and Harry. It was the inseparable threesome. Those three had the most fascinating relationship I'd ever seen. One minute, Lauren would be slung over Louis' shoulder as Louis would be running around calling out some insane thing like "FIRE! FIRE!" The next second, Harry and Lauren were ganging up on Louis attempting to splatter him with water balloons. They were like three immature little seven-year-olds.

I turned to see Zayn and Marisa. Zayn's arm had moved from the back of the sofa to around Marisa's shoulders. Marisa caught me looking at her. I winked to which she smiled back. She scooted slightly closer to Zayn who responded by tightening his grip.

I chuckled under my breath causing attention to be drawn towards me, but only from Liam. He shifted his weight slightly underneath me. I looked up at him batting my eyelids. His lethal smile made my stomach jump. The patterns he was tracing on my leg were slowly moving higher and higher causing my breath to catch in my throat. I don't know if it was truly audible or if Liam just knew, but he was completely amused with himself for how his actions were affecting me.

"Stop," I murmured under my breath. "There are other people in this room."

"So you are saying that if we weren't here, you wouldn't tell him to stop?" I looked over to see Louis glaring at us with a delighted expression.

"Oh come on Lou, leave the cuties alone. They are just so excited that they don't have to hide their relationship anymore," the show had ended and Louis had drawn all attention towards us. Harry was clearly just as entertained as Louis was.

Liam mumbled something under his breath that I couldn't quite make out, but it didn't matter because suddenly, he was standing up beneath me. He set me on the floor and took my hand leading me back through a hallway. He pushed a door open and revealed a bedroom with two double beds, a sofa and a TV.

"Sometimes I just want to push them out the window so they'd leave me alone at times like this."

"At times like what?" I questioned him with pleased smirk.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." His hand still wrapped around mine, he pulled me to the sofa and turned on the TV.

It was a moment that could have been potentially awkward, but with Liam, it wasn't ever awkward. It just wasn't.

"So how are you doing?" he asked with the TV clearly meant to be background noise.

"I'm good. Better than I thought I would be." I shrugged. I hadn't tweeted or posted any new statuses on Facebook until tonight, but I had been keeping up on what people were saying. Some of the comments made me laugh. I remembered what it was like to be so obsessed with something and then find out something that just crushes you. Hello, Nick Jonas and Miley Cyrus. But it was still weird to think that I was subject of hate mail.