Chapter 6

Charlotte's POV

I took a deep breath. I needed to remind myself to breathe. Standing outside of the hotel room door, my heart was pounding. I could hear it. My stomach was twisting and turning. I couldn't figure out why I was so freaked out. It wasn't like I was close friends with Liam. We didn't really know each other –maybe that was why I was nervous. It had a lot of potential to be awkward.

Taking another deep breath I brought my fist to the wooden door. Even though I had a room key, I figured it wasn't polite to just walk in. I held my breath waiting for Liam to answer. When the door finally creaked open I let out a deep breath and prepared myself for whatever may lie ahead.

Liam's face appeared in the doorframe. His cheeky smile welcomed me. He was dressed in a plaid shirt and cargo shorts. He looked adorable.

"Hey Charlotte," he greeted me. His voice was low and husky –sounded like he was tired.

"Hi Liam," I smiled shyly.

"Come on in," he held the door back for me stepping aside.

I stepped into their suite and was amazed at how big it was. You defiantly couldn't tell that five boys were staying there. The place was tidy and smelled nice –though I couldn't put my finger on what smell it was. The sun shined into the main room and white curtains fluttered side to side from the breeze of the air conditioner. The main room consisted of a mini kitchen, two sofas, and an eating area.

I walked to the sofa and placed my laptop case and purse down gingerly on the coffee table. Then, I turned to face Liam who had shut the door and was walking towards me. "How are you?" he asked.

"Fine," I replied as I sat down on the couch. "I'm really jet lag though."

He chuckled as he sat down next to me. He turned his body so his knees rested but an inch from mine. His face just inches away from my own. "It takes a while to get used to it."

I nodded as I stared back at him desperately trying to read his expression.

He ran a hand through his messy, curly hair and sighed.

Taking a deep breath he stated, "I just want to get this out of the way. I'm really sorry that I didn't tell you. I'm even sorrier that I led you to believe that we were some little band. I didn't know how to tell you... I mean how do you tell someone that you are part of a huge band –not that I'm saying we are but.... Well..."

He was clearly frustrated. "I'm just really sorry..." his voice cracked as he repeated his apology.

I didn't say anything. I couldn't think of anything to say. I mean honestly what do you say to that?

When I didn't respond, Liam placed his hand on my knee rubbing his thumb back and forth. My god, he knew how to treat girls so they would melt. I couldn't help but wonder how much he got around, but then I remember what the driver told me about his ex-girlfriend. He hadn't seemed like a player on the plane... I couldn't believe that he was one.

"Just tell me you don't hate me. You have every right in the world to be mad at me but please don't be hate me," his eyes pleaded his case.

I let out a sigh I had been holding in since I had walked into the room and relaxed back on the couch. He kept his hand on my knee.

"I can't be mad at you.... Maybe it's because I don't really know you very well but most likely it's because you keep staring at me with those puppy dog eyes and its incredibly hard to remain mad at you." My cheeks turned red as I realized what I had said, but I didn't regret saying it because it was true.