Chapter 31

Charlotte's POV

"I'll make some popcorn!" Harry exclaimed from a back bedroom and jumped over the back of the sofa, nearly smacking Liam in the head.
"Too late," I held the bowl of popcorn in front of his face which he proceeded to grab from me. I turned around and grabbed a second bowl off the counter, "And that is why I made two!"

Two days had passed rather quickly. The picture of us kissing had spread like rapid fire causing me to avoid twitter and tumblr. I didn't leave campus. I settled with texting Liam who continuously apologized for being careless. The boys had invited me, Amalia, Lauren, and Marisa over to their hotel room to watch the interview. After a late night pizza party, we were all settled down ready to watch Alan Car.

"Juicy stuff here," Zayn wiggled his eyebrows, "Who is excited?"

I landed myself a spot next to Liam. He seemed tense, so I made an extra effort to cuddle close to him causing a smile. In one swift move, he slipped his arm around my shoulders placing his hand protectively just about my bum. I smiled into the crook of his neck, earning a kiss on the forehead.

"One minute countdown," Niall and Amalia flooded into the room.

"Louis?" I asked. He turned his head towards me because he had been talking to Lauren. I nodded at Niall and Amalia. "Swollen lips?"

Louis winked at me before continuing to make gagging noises at Amalia and Niall.

Zayn, who conveniently had his arm around Marisa –not it a sweet romantic way but in the way where you like the person and you are making a move without really making a move –grabbed the remote off of the coffee table and switched the TV on.

INTERVIEW

"Two years ago, they were just five boys who didn't even know each other. All they had in common was a love for singing. Now they are the hottest boy band in the entire world! Please welcome ONE DIRECTION!"

The crowd erupted into applause as Better with the Lights Off filled the studio. Five flawless boys made their way down the stairs. Harry Styles emerged first wearing a dark blue blazer, a white t-shirt and khaki pants. Louis Tomlinson followed right behind the youngest boy wearing bright red pants a white and blue stripped shirt and suspenders. Liam Payne and Niall Horan entered together. Liam was dressed in a plaid shirt and dark jeans. For once, the plaid shirt wasn't buttoned, revealing a white t-shirt underneath. Niall was wearing khakis and a red polo. Zayn Malik came last but certainly not least. He was dressed in blue pants, a white button down shirt, and a blue varsity jacket.

"Welcome boys welcome!" Alan Car exclaimed as the boy got comfortable on the sofa. "How are you all today?"

"We're good!" they boys responded in unison.

"And how are you?" Louis asked.

"Fine, fine thank you. Who wants a drink?" he asked. Shifting his attention to Harry, he shook his head, "Look who's finally old enough! Do I even want to know how many times you've stumbled into the flat wasted. Eh Louis?"

The boys laughed as Harry grinned awkwardly.

"All joking aside... for now.... You guys are a pretty big deal now aren't you?"

Liam took the question, "I don't think we consider ourselves big deals but it's certainly incredible to see the number of fans continuing to grow."