Chapter 53

Marisa's POV

KNOCK KNOCK KOCK. KNOCK KNOCK KOCK.

I lifted my head off my pillow and glanced across the room. Charlotte was sitting under her covers with her headphones stuck in her ears. She wore a pair of old sweatpants and a tight fitted t-shirt. It had been the same thing every day for the past week.

She was depressed. There was no other word to describe it. Her smile was weak and her eyes constantly looked tired. I began to wonder why she had told Liam she wanted a break, but I didn't question it. I figured it would be better to leave it alone.

KNOCK. "Marisa?" KNOCK. "Char?" KNOCK. "Are you guys in there?" A deep voice traveled into our room.

I rolled out of bed and unlatched the door.

"Zayn?" I whispered. Sure enough standing in front of me was my boyfriend. He was dressed in light khaki pants, and a dark blue t-shirt with a grey v-neck sweater over it.

"Get in here!" I yanked his arm and drove him through the door. Closing the door safely behind us I turned to scold him. "You could have been mugged. What were you thinking walking through a campus plugged with female fans?"

He stepped towards me, snaking his arms around my waist and pushing me back against the door.

"I wanted to see you." His warm cinnamon breath hustled across my face sending chills down my spine.

"Mmm," I hummed into the skin of his neck.

He fingers crept of my side, making theiri way to my chin. He tilted my head up towards him, giving him better access to my lips. Slowly, he brought his head down to meet mine. My whole body pulsed as he slipped his tongue between my lips. I twisted my hands in his hair pulling me closer, before I suddenly stopped.

"What?" he whispered into my mouth.

I pulled back just enough to shoot a glance at Char, who had turned her body so she was facing the wall, unable to see us.

Zayn let out a frustrated sigh. For the past week we had been incredibly careful not to rub our relationship in anyone's faces. We had managed to escape on a date with Niall and Amalia, but they were really the only ones we could be couplely in front of. Louis, Lauren, Liam and Charlotte weren't up for it, and if you did anything in front of Harry you never heard the end of it.

"Breakfast?" He suggested. Once again my eyes dropped to Char. Zayn shook his head and made his way over to her. He pulled her top arm so that she was lying on her back. Her eyes shot through him demanding to know what he was doing. Zayn ignored her nasty look and pulled her iPod away from her. He then stood up, took her hand and pulled her off the bed.

She didn't even try to protest.

Once she was standing, Zayn pulled her into his chest and wrapped his arms around her, hugging her tightly. Suddenly, soft quiet sobs filled the room.

Zayn tightened his grip pulling her closer. I smiled as I watched him comfort her, giving her the affection that no one else had been able to provide.

"Shhh," he whispered into her ear. "It's okay, Char. It's okay!"

Zayn sat down on her bed, with his back against the wall. He pulled her down onto him so her head was resting on his chest. Both of his arms instinctively wrapped around her, as if it were his job to hold her together.