Chapter 35

Amalia's POV

I opened the door to my room and walked in. The sun was shining through the cream colored curtains; the bright sunlight bounced off the neon purple walls. I collapsed onto my puffy off white comforter and sunk back into a bunch of feather pillows. I look up to see Niall standing in the door with his hands on either side of the frame.

His bright blue eyes scanned the room before settling on my own. I smiled at him cowardly as he made his way to the edge of the bed. He sat down and lay back with his arms behind his head, his feet still on the floor.

"Are you excited to go home?" I asked. His eyes scanned the ceiling –he was distracted.

"Yeah," he sighed. "Wish you were coming."

"Me too."

My mom went everywhere with the boys –she had to. But, because there was only one of her and five of them, she typically took Lauren and I along to help. The only time that we didn't go was when they went for music videos and a few other random times. Originally we were supposed to go with them this time, but when the trip to Homes Chapel came up, my mom forced Lauren and I to pick which trip we wanted to go on. There was no argument about where we wanted to go and we knew it would have been pointless to attempt to get to go on both.

The trip to Homes Chapel with everyone was going to be incredible. Nine teenagers with no parental supervision, it was going to be entertaining, but had still been excited to go to Ireland.

"But you are excited to see your family right?"

"They're not coming up."

"What? Why not? You are hardly ever home –and this is going to be the last time you go back before the tour starts..." That's when I realized why he was so upset. I hadn't shut my mouth quickly enough. His mom and grandma always came to Dublin when they were there. It was his absolute favorite part of the trip home.

"Yep. Not coming."

"Oh, Nialller, I'm sorry." I shifted across the bed as I leaned over him. I ran my hand along his jaw-line through his blonde hair.

His eyes showed the pain that he didn't let come across otherwise. He was good at hiding emotions behind his peppy personality, but in the last two years I had spent more time with him than anyone else. I could read his emotions clearer than anyone else. I simply knew him better.

He snaked his arms around me pulling me down on his chest. He started stroking my back.

"Don't," he said. "Don't worry about me Amalia. I'll be fine."

"But," before I could continue he placed his finger to my lips silencing me.

"Please. Can we just forget about it?"

I gave him a disapproving look which he matched with a half hearted smile. Lucky for him, his smile is literally irresistible even if it was the slightest bit fake.

"Fine," I gave up as I released the rest of my weight on top of him. His thumb continued to trace circles along my back.

"I'm excited for this weekend though," the cheerful Niall was back yet he was still quiet.

"Me too," I smiled against his white t-shirt. "It should be a good time."

"Plus, everyone else will be preoccupied leaving us alone."