Chapter 40

Marisa's POV

"HARRY!!!" Lauren cried out, silencing the buzzing room.

I turned my attention away from the conversation I had been having with Niall to see Harry and Louis on the ground laughing.

I glanced at Lauren who now had pieces of ham and cheese in her hair.

"It's not funny," she attempted to yell, but her giggles cut through the scream.

"There you go, Lou," Harry sobbed. "I made you a sandwich!"
"You cannot eat me!" Lauren said which just caused the two boys to laugh harder.

By this time, the other three boys were laughing at Lauren. So was Amalia. I glance at Char who shrugged, but even she was smiling.

"Seriously," Lauren had quit laughing and was picking at her hair. "There are little bits of cheese stuck in my hair! I have to go wash them out!"
"I'll help," Louis collected himself off the floor.

Lauren shot him a dirty look but accepted his help.

"Get some, Lou!" Harry called after the two. Louis' response was a shake of his head and a nasty disapproving glare back at Harry.

Awkward moment, I thought to myself. I picked up that last bite of my sandwich and shoveled it into my mouth.

"Who wants to go swimming?" Zayn asked.

"Me," I said with my mouth slightly full. "But isn't it cold?"

"Yep, freezing!" he said. "That's what makes it fun!"

"Niall? Amalia?" I asked them.

"No, we have a few friends that don't live too far away so I think we are gonna go visit them." Niall informed us. Amalia nodded, confirming his statement.

"Char?" I asked.

"Liam?" Zayn questioned.

The two looked at each other and then, at the same time, shook their heads no.

"Harry?" Zayn asked.

"No way Jose. I am not third-wheeling it."
"Then I guess it's just us," Zayn sounded enthused by the idea.

"Ok," I shrugged. "Sounds good to me."

I took my plate over to the sink, rinsed it off and placed it into the dishwasher. Making my way back to the bedroom the four girls were sharing, I heard Charlotte excuse herself. Seconds later she entered the room.

She sat down on the bed before saying or doing anything. Once on the edge of the bed, she still didn't say anything. She just looked at me with one eyebrow raised.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing," she chuckled. "Go put your swimsuit on."

I grabbed my bag off the floor and headed into the bathroom. I stripped off the shorts and t-shirt I was wearing before fishing around in my bag to find my suit.

I slipped off my underwear and pulled on my bikini. Then, I stepped back to greet my reflection in the mirror.

My bright colored multi-striped bikini made my skin look darker than it already was. My stomach was still toned from years and years of soccer. The orange and pink colors apparently made my hair gleam.