Chapter 77

Charlotte's POV

I stuck my key into the lock and twisted it open, leading Liam into the warm entry hall. The room was large and open, with a high ceiling. A large chandelier hung from the ceiling in the center of the area. The wood floor was squeaky clean, as was the dark chocolate colored carpet that covered the steps upstairs. The walls were painted a warm brown color with various pieces of artwork hung on them.

I took off my jacket and placed it in to closet before doing the same with Liam's.

"I thought we talked about breathing," I wrapped my arms around his tiny, toned torso pressing my stomach against his.

Liam let out a shallow sigh, "We did."

"Then breath," I insisted. He took in a deep breath before blowing it out of his mouth straight onto my face.

I groaned as I pushed him away, "Lovely. Thank you for that."

He pulled me back towards him into a hug. That was more like the Liam I knew... and loved. He kissed me gently on the cheek before we turned in sync and headed towards the kitchen. Before we entered into the room, I pulled Liam's arm around my waist. He looked down at me unsure, but I nodded. Best get them used to it now, right off the bat.

"Hey mom," I hummed as we entered the heated room. She was leaning against the counter talking to my dad. "Hey dad."

"Hey sweetie," they both turned towards us instantly.

"Mom, Dad, this is Liam," I waved my free hand in a gesturing motion.

"Hello," my mom replied sweetly. "It's good to see you again."

Liam stepped forwards towards her, greeting her with a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Nice to see you, too, Mrs. McDermott."

He stepped away towards my dad who had his eyes narrowed, watching Liam's every move. It was kind of creepy, but Liam didn't let it scare him. He could take the immediately pressure; it was the nerves that lead up to a certain event that affected him.

"Hello sir," he shook my dad's hand firmly. "It's nice to meet you."

My dad actually smiled, "It's nice to meet you, too." He nodded as he let go of Liam's hand.

I walked forward cautiously and pressed my stomach against his back, nuzzling my face into the crock of his neck. I needed my parents to see that this was serious and I wasn't a PDA person. My dad smiled down at me. Surely it was at least helping that he could see how happy I was.

"Liam I just want to apologize for being.... rude."

Liam waved his hands, "No, no Mr. McDermott. You don't have anything to apologize for."

My dad shook his head, "I do though. I assumed that you were a stuck up, self-centered, no good pop star who was only dating my daughter because he wanted to get some."

"DAD!" I chocked.

My mom started coughing.

What the neck was he saying? Had he seriously just said that? More importantly, did he really think that?

"What?" he looked at me innocently. "I'm still not even convinced he's not."

I backed away from Liam and shot my dad a nasty look before he continued, but his eyes did stray towards me. They remained on my boyfriend.